Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is this Limiting?

Advanced Tuner
    Like Higgs states about what is talked about in the link he posted that goes into details on the E78 pcm in particular which actually is what happens to be in my Cruze about being limited, well here is the exact statement.

Maximum Engine Torque: The maximum possible engine torque, this should be higher than Predicted Engine Torque Cmd otherwise it is limiting
    2017 Silverado LTZ

Advanced Tuner
    Chris where you at? Any insight on this if you see this thread would be much appreciated!
    2017 Silverado LTZ

Quote Originally Posted by Higgs Boson View Post
    I do get a power increase when pe conditions are met. I also disable the torque based enable table for PE. My PE is only activated on Pedal position.

My other post is about ETC Position jumping to 100% when pedal is still at 50 or 60 but the blade is not actually at 100% (I can tell because the truck does not change it's power delivery (even if it stayed at stoich it would at least increase acceleration a little).

I agree that in the pic above ETC is not limiting. I am also getting my commanded spark. So my question is, What is limiting? If I am basing it on the E78 instructional guide, something is being limited..... ;-)

Or is the guide misprinted? <--- I think that is my real question.

edit: with regard to fuel economy, you can make a little progress with trans shift points. imo, that's the biggest improvement. command shifts at 2000 rpm for TPS up to like 40% and you can really roll into the throttle to get up to your cruise speed more quickly but also keep RPMs low while doing it.
    I noticed the same thing all my datalogs shows Predicted Engine Torque Cmd is always higher than Maximum Engine Torque and nothing is limited, maybe this rule is true on some OS I am not sure or E78 guide need to be updated.

Quote Originally Posted by KLUG'S SS View Post
    Like Higgs states about what is talked about in the link he posted that goes into details on the E78 pcm in particular which actually is what happens to be in my Cruze about being limited, well here is the exact statement.

Maximum Engine Torque: The maximum possible engine torque, this should be higher than Predicted Engine Torque Cmd otherwise it is limiting
    Any new insight on this? I have the E78 in my spark that I bolted on a Cruze turbo. I can tell my tables are way off now and I'm hoping to learn what to track and what to change. Right now my predicted engine torque command looks like it needs to be raised and I'm having significant timing pulled because of it.

bump