Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: Flex fuel

Hmm. I'll have to look at that when I get home

Any plans for 3.7 V6 Mustang Flex Fuel support? Does the ESYS PCM even have this logic? If it does, I might look into trying a flex fuel setup. It would just be a novelty and another tuning experience to learn from. Hardly any e85 in NC , so flex fuel or no e85 tune for me lol.

Also, anyone have a 2011-2014 F150 flex fuel tune to look at? Wanna see how ford set it up.

Here you go.

Yes, we are adding these parameters to the ESYS vehicles as well.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Quote Originally Posted by Eric@HPTuners View Post
    Here you go.

Yes, we are adding these parameters to the ESYS vehicles as well.
    Awesome! Thank you!

Hey Eric,

Any chance to get to the boss strategies? Looking forward to tinkering with our shop car.

Tuner
    I'm struggling to understand High / Low AFR End Point and High / Low AFR Range.

Could someone explain what these are doing? Thanks

As far as I can tell they are the limits to snap to the ends of the range. If it calculates 10 it will just go to 9.85, for example.....I am not sure what the usefulness of this is, I set mine very close to the actual limits on either end.

Does the m 2016 have the ethanol or alcohol% PID? Doesn't seem to have it for some reason. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RSlo View Post
    Does the m 2016 have the ethanol or alcohol% PID? Doesn't seem to have it for some reason. Thanks
    Pretty sure a 2016 car should have this, maybe support for this PID hasn't been added for your strategy yet. If you do not see this PID email support so they can add it in a future version of the software (it's updated daily). Use the instructions here for what to email them http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...732#post422732

Anyone have a glitch after enabling the flex fuel logic the cars spark table gets stuck in "Emission reduction cold start"

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by RickClarke23 View Post
    Anyone have a glitch after enabling the flex fuel logic the cars spark table gets stuck in "Emission reduction cold start"
    You can't just enable fuel and flash the car. Compare the F150 to yours and copy over all the flex fuel related tables as a base. Then adjust the WOT for flex fuel and go from there. If you did do this then you may want to post a log or tune, preferably both so we can look

Yes I did do populate and change the other flex fuel tables. The car adjusted fueling just fine however the spark source was "cold start emission reduction" and never came out.

Advanced Tuner
    Yes I did do populate and change the other flex fuel tables. The car adjusted fueling just fine however the spark source was "cold start emission reduction" and never came out.
    During all or most driving conditions? or just on start up? Do you have a log you can post?

Edit: I just looked over my log from last night and its only "Emissions Reduction Red." during the bit of idling.
    Last edited by Jn2; 05-05-2016 at 08:52 PM.

Mine continued to stay in that in regular driving and at WOT bringing the spark advance to 0-5 degrees.

here is the log that has the flex fuel activated and is stuck in the cold start emission reduction table. Any ideas on this? I have not moved anything in the tune that should cause this just turned on the flex fuel and populated some of the tables using a f150 file.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner
    my buddy has a s555 roush 5.0 and it needs some ethanol bad! we dont have many stations near us so id like to do this "flex fuel" to his car .has anyone done this on a boost s555?

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by curtisb View Post
    my buddy has a s550 roush 5.0 and it needs some ethanol bad! we dont have many stations near us so id like to do this "flex fuel" to his car .has anyone done this on a boost s555?

Advanced Tuner
    I am experiencing the same issues on a 2012 I am tuning. Enabled flex fuel, and it went to hell with spark advance. Won't budge much over 0 degrees of advance doing anything...

Yes it seems isolated to maybe this OS as I have it working on other years?

Advanced Tuner
    Yea, I have it working on my 2015. Doesn't make sense.