Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: Flex fuel

Advanced Tuner
    i set the switch to one, i am currently testing on my 2013 mustang. I asked SCT for definition but have not received anything back..

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by mstang_man View Post
    i set the switch to one, i am currently testing on my 2013 mustang. I asked SCT for definition but have not received anything back..
    I need your help
    I live in France and I am a beginner
    I own a mustang 5.0l coyote 421cv of 2017
    I started to study the flex fuel modification of my vehicle
    can one, who owns the same vehicle as me, could list all the tables to modify (or the list of ECM) to modify like the F150?
    I already started by copying the tune ENGINE .... FUEL ... FLEXFUEL ... general (enable) ... ethanol% vs AFR etc ...

but what else does it need to copy from the F150 flexfuel mapp?

I apologize for my english

thank you very much for yours answers

Tuner in Training

Tune template

Quote Originally Posted by cabadave View Post
    I need your help
    I live in France and I am a beginner
    I own a mustang 5.0l coyote 421cv of 2017
    I started to study the flex fuel modification of my vehicle
    can one, who owns the same vehicle as me, could list all the tables to modify (or the list of ECM) to modify like the F150?
    I already started by copying the tune ENGINE .... FUEL ... FLEXFUEL ... general (enable) ... ethanol% vs AFR etc ...

but what else does it need to copy from the F150 flexfuel mapp?

I apologize for my english

thank you very much for yours answers

I went through a 2018 F150 Flex fuel and extracted all the flex fuel tables I could find and created a tune template. I then applied the tune template to my 2018 Mustang base tune. I then ran a compare between my base tune and the tune where I applied flex fuel to recheck differences, mainly scaling on the tables and a sanity check.

I have not run the car yet so you are welcome to use this template, but can't speak for it yet but will give you a good start. YOU WILL NEED TO CHANGE THE EXTENSION FROM .hpt to .htt as it would not allow me to upload a template file. 2018 F150 Flex Fuel Settings.hpt

Advanced Tuner
    how do you change the extension to .htt?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill88stang View Post
    how do you change the extension to .htt?
    in Windows explorer if you right 2019-07-18_9-31-01.jpgclick on the file you should have an option to rename.. so when box opens to rename where it has .hpt change that to .htt

Advanced Tuner
    thank you!

I noticed new tables for Flex Fuel popped up for a "non-Flex" EcoBoost vehicle (that I normally run E30-E47). Can we actually enable FFV operation just like a "Flex Fuel" Ford? Is there any chance we can set it so that it automatically adjusts close to E30-E47 instead of just switching to E85 stoich?

Tuner in Training
    I have a great working ff tune in my 14 GT stang. Only see 2 issues and was hoping someone could shed some light on them. First, it only goes to 77% alcohol, is there a max limit somewhere that needs changed? Then at the track, monitoring datalogs, I am commanding .877 lambda but seeing .790, is this because the computer hasn't learned up at high rpm? Or is there a reason it is going to a failsafe set somewhere? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by nxcoupe View Post
    I have a great working ff tune in my 14 GT stang. Only see 2 issues and was hoping someone could shed some light on them. First, it only goes to 77% alcohol, is there a max limit somewhere that needs changed? Then at the track, monitoring datalogs, I am commanding .877 lambda but seeing .790, is this because the computer hasn't learned up at high rpm? Or is there a reason it is going to a failsafe set somewhere? Any help is greatly appreciated.
    With FF tuning, your MAF parameters NEED to be spot on.
    2009.5 PBM G8 GXP M6 W/Roof-Self tune, OBX LTs, Kooks axleback, LSA blower, cam,
    Monster LT1-SC clutch, flex fuel, 12 psi 10.41@138.7 1,800 D.A
    2007 TBSS-Self tune, bolt ons 12.9@107.3, 1,900 D.A
    1991 GMC Syclone- Self tune/catback 12.8@104, 4,200ft D.A

Advanced Tuner
    Id reccomend .850-855 on E

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill88stang View Post
    Id reccomend .850-855 on E
    Car made a lot less power, tried adding timing, but didn't work as well as less timing and leaner a/f

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by STAGEUP View Post
    With FF tuning, your MAF parameters NEED to be spot on.
    Good call. I will have to look at that on the dyno again. I'll use the E85 tune and go back over the maf, then copy that maf function over to the ff tune. I'll report back.