Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Flex fuel

Quote Originally Posted by Witt View Post
    Just to clarify, you cannot enable flex fuel with SCT. This is an HPTuners only defined parameter. A few of us are simply editing the alcohol tables that are enabled with the switch defined in HPTuners.

I've posted in the SCT forum years ago about trying to get this switch defined and like every other thread and phone call directed to SCT and their support team, it went completely ignored by them. Huge thanks to Eric, Bill, and the team for actually interacting with their customers and adding functionality to the stock PCM.
    I agree. Eric, Bill and the team here are heavily interacting with customers on both the Forum and Emails. Eric alone has added in parameters to my OS recently that I've needed for my swap, which has been invaluable to say the least. These guys are on their A game and aren't slowing down one bit it seems.

Loving the support!
    '17 Whipple'd S550
    Too many other projects to list.....see my YouTube channel for more: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCr7...-XfDG53sCh6tcw

Just wanted to update you guys, all of this is in the process of being added.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

AWESOME!! Will HPT be able to do everything alone or will a SCT X4 be needed as well? Any chance that we would just have to add the corn to the tank or gasoline and the PCM just make the changes by itself like the other "flex fuel tunes" out there now?
    Last edited by RSKtakR; 01-19-2016 at 09:47 AM.
    2015 Mustang GT, PP, HP Tuners VCM, K&N drop in, AIRAID CAI intake tube, Steeda drop springs, trans mount, shifter bracket, sub frame bushing kit, Diff bushing kit, sub frame alignment pins, American Muscle 19x10 PP rear wheels, 305/35r19 MT drag radials.

Quote Originally Posted by RSKtakR View Post
    AWESOME!! Will HPT be able to do everything alone or will a SCT X4 be needed as well? Any chance that we would just have to add the corn to the tank or gasoline and the PCM just make the changes by itself like the other "flex fuel tunes" out there now?
    that's the whole point

Quote Originally Posted by Higgs Boson View Post
    that's the whole point

That's what I was hoping to hear.. I thought I read that the mustangs factory cats wont last long while running the corn, any truth to this? I wonder how/if the cats on the flex fuel f150 are different? Not that I will have the cats on the car that much longer, just curious.
    2015 Mustang GT, PP, HP Tuners VCM, K&N drop in, AIRAID CAI intake tube, Steeda drop springs, trans mount, shifter bracket, sub frame bushing kit, Diff bushing kit, sub frame alignment pins, American Muscle 19x10 PP rear wheels, 305/35r19 MT drag radials.

Quote Originally Posted by RSKtakR View Post
    There will be no need for anything else. I am adding about 40 new parameters that all come into play when doing flex fuel.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Quote Originally Posted by Eric@HPTuners View Post
    There will be no need for anything else. I am adding about 40 new parameters that all come into play when doing flex fuel.
    I'm so excitement!

come onnnnnnnn springtime with the summer blends lol

Potential Tuner
    Eric,

I really appreciate this. I will no longer have to calculate my stioch on the different blends that I have been trying. Really looking forward to this.
    Thank You! Thank You! Thank You!
    2016 GT f1A, E85 RIP!
    2017 GT TWIN 6466
    2020 F150 RCSB Whipple Gen 5, Fore triple, on corn

Tuner
    Where is the "Buy Eric a Beer" fund?

Tuner
    Are these tables only in the Copperhead and Tricor ECUs?

Quote Originally Posted by Yagermeister View Post
    Are these tables only in the Copperhead and Tricor ECUs?
    No they are in the earlier models too. Not sure if I will get that far back, but its a possibility.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

If you guys want to check what has been added, take a look at the attached file.

Let me know if there are any questions.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

available in the 15/16?

I would check it out, but I can't download the newest version of 2.25 right now. 2.25 isn't in my customer center anymore. I guess HP Tuners is updating the build?

Quote Originally Posted by AKDMB View Post
    I would check it out, but I can't download the newest version of 2.25 right now. 2.25 isn't in my customer center anymore. I guess HP Tuners is updating the build?
    You need to rerequest it from Support. The link expires.

You need to rerequest it from Support. The link expires.
    Thanks, I didn't know it expired.

Senior Tuner
    FYI the link in your account expires but the actual http link to the beta download does not. I suggest right clicking and copying the link location to a notepad so you have access to it until support changes the actual beta download location. It is best to email support for the link just for the time the location changes.

Quote Originally Posted by murfie View Post
    FYI the link in your account expires but the actual http link to the beta download does not. I suggest right clicking and copying the link location to a notepad so you have access to it until support changes the actual beta download location. It is best to email support for the link just for the time the location changes.
    Found the download link in my history, updated 2.25,downloaded the tune file and looking over it now. A lot of cool new stuff in there.

available in the 15/16?
    Soon
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC