Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Thread: Flex fuel

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Jn2 View Post
    I went ahead and moved my values from the "Drive/Neutral" tables into the "Drive/Neutral Alcohol" tables and the issue is resolved The car no longer locks itself to "Cold Start Retard Red..."

Anyone having this issue update to the recent build and populate those tables accordingly, mine are set to 50 since commanded spark will always be lower than the maximum allowed(50 in my case)
    Are these two tables only available on the beta?

tuning a 2016 s550 and do not have the cold start alcohol tables... on 3.6.26

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by BravoAlphaPerf View Post
    Are these two tables only available on the beta?

tuning a 2016 s550 and do not have the cold start alcohol tables... on 3.6.26
    Those tables and limits do not exist on s550, S197 only...S550 don't have a lot of idle spark or rpm table to change

In the 2016 Mustang there is a "Flex fuel blending vs Ethanol" Should there be another set of Ethanol Spark Maps or an Ethanol adder map to blend too? I can get timing to add via the "octane adjustment" but that doesn't make sense as far as the blending table, that looks like an adder based on Ethanol which would adjust quicker than waiting for knock events.

I've noticed when you activate flex fuel the log always says Ethanol, after a flash I can see the car adapts, fuel trims are wildly lean but after a period of driving they appear to switch to more sane trims without the LTFT or STFT being significantly off. Can we log the Ethanol calculated content and spark blend?

Advanced Tuner
    I noticed when I enabled the flex fuel tune on my 16 over the weekend it automatically populate 1.0 lambda in the wot lamda flex table, what is a good number to input in?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill88stang View Post
    I noticed when I enabled the flex fuel tune on my 16 over the weekend it automatically populate 1.0 lambda in the wot lamda flex table, what is a good number to input in?
    No it is not, copy your WOT lambda into the FF WOT lambda

Advanced Tuner
    Ok 10-4 so run same tables in both thanks. Since I’ve only been using this since Saturday is there a way to copy the entire table and paste it into the other? I couldn’t figure out how to do it without typing over the whole thing

Tuner in Training
    Ok 10-4 so run same tables in both thanks. Since I?ve only been using this since Saturday is there a way to copy the entire table and paste it into the other? I couldn?t figure out how to do it without typing over the whole thing
    Highlight entire table, right click, copy, right click, paste into other table.

Think of the tables as Excel Spreadsheets
    Attached Images Attached Images

Advanced Tuner
    thank you bravo I should have tried the copy and paste like a normal computer program I duno why I made that harder then it was. thank you so much

Advanced Tuner
    How long does it take for the car to calculate the alcohol percentage when you put gas in. I thought I read it’s only when your low on gas and put 3 or more gallons in. I put 4 gallons of E85 in yesterday but car was a bit under half a tank I let it run for about 5 minutes and drove it like 2 blocks and came back and it had not changed the alcohol % on my ngauge yet, was still on 10.2 from my last fill up. Do I need to just drive it more?

Tuner in Training
    How long does it take for the car to calculate the alcohol percentage when you put gas in. I thought I read it’s only when your low on gas and put 3 or more gallons in. I put 4 gallons of E85 in yesterday but car was a bit under half a tank I let it run for about 5 minutes and drove it like 2 blocks and came back and it had not changed the alcohol % on my ngauge yet, was still on 10.2 from my last fill up. Do I need to just drive it more?
    IIRC the refill threshold is 10% for flex logic to reset, and definitely drive it more.

Advanced Tuner
    I did drive it more after a few miles the percentage went up only hit like 30.4% but like I said I only added 4 gallons and had a little under a half tank when I did so I wasn’t expecting much higher. Although the ngauge still shows 0 in the learned alcohol content pid which I would think is odd. Since it’s now reading the percentage I would assume that it would have shown that it was learned by now . Runs greats so far so good. Once I put my long tubes on and ditch the cats I’ll do a dedicated E85 tune and try that as well.

Tuner in Training
    I did drive it more after a few miles the percentage went up only hit like 30.4% but like I said I only added 4 gallons and had a little under a half tank when I did so I wasn’t expecting much higher. Although the ngauge still shows 0 in the learned alcohol content pid which I would think is odd. Since it’s now reading the percentage I would assume that it would have shown that it was learned by now . Runs greats so far so good. Once I put my long tubes on and ditch the cats I’ll do a dedicated E85 tune and try that as well.
    I cannot speak for the nguage PID as I do not use one yet. But in the VCM Scanner, Alcohol Percent loaded instantly after flashing and over the course of 100 miles did change and settle to about 13-14% on 93oct. Started at 16%.... not sure if that helps you at all. I'm starting my e85 testing Later this week.

I have it set up to start adding some timing at about 50-55%E.

Advanced Tuner
    Thank you

Tuner in Training
    Could we get the max timing alcohol cold start tables added to the ESYS PCM's? I'm tuning a 3.7L Mustang and continue to go into cold start emissions reduction mode when I try and enable the flex fuel feature. The feature seems to work well otherwise until this mode goes active.

Advanced Tuner
    on the spark->advance->general->blending vs eth %
    change it all to 0

Advanced Tuner
    Why set to all zero?

Advanced Tuner
    Why set to all zero?
    The cold start retard tables for alcohol where not populated on the 11-14 GT and was the cause of the problem, since the tables are not yet available for the 3.7 i assume its the same case, setting them to 0 uses only the gasoline tables that are populated and the car goes out of cold start mode, i dont know what other things that table affects but thats the way i got around it while support gets them available for us

Advanced Tuner
    oh ok im sorry I thought you were replying to me that why I was wondering

Tuner in Training
    I've been talking with HPTuners and they've added the cold start alchohol tables to the ESYS pcm definitions today. I'll try to confirm functionality sometime this week. Shout out to HPTuners for the quick turn around time!

Potential Tuner
    Does anyone know the cross reference name in SCT PRP for enabling flex fuel on a 2011 GT 5.0? I am assuming it is the same between all years. I have a switch that looks like it might enable FF. Screen Shot 2019-02-18 at 10.28.52 AM.png

I read SCT does not have it available, but none of those replies seem to be current. I do see all of the other tables buried in the software.