Thread: Custom output assignments?

Potential Tuner

Custom output assignments?

I know this can be accomplished in the EIO, however, I prefer to have things hardwired in the harness whenever possible........

Since you can log wideband A/F or fuel pressure,etc by reconfiguring an A/C or EGR input, I wanted to discuss whether it was possible to reassign output controls? In an engine swap where EVAP, AIR pump, or A/C clutch is not used, is there any way that these can be configured to be switched on/off by a set manifold pressure? In my situation, I would like to be able to turn on methanol injection and an aux fuel pump relay without external hardware. It seems that this may be able to be done with the Fan2 output if the on/off pressure was re-scaled.

Tuner
    Bump...
    Would be great to be able to use the evap output for simple boost control or basic duty control for a fuel pump such as a fuelab pump.
    All we'd need is to be able the specify hz and a 2d table x rpm.
    jon volk, you could likely use A/C for a second fuel pump relay but you'd likely need to be telling the PCM that the A/C pressure is correct for it to work.

Advanced Tuner
    You could but HPTuners doesn't have that option. I would absolutely love to do a custom maths type setup that you could assign to certain pins. At that point, you have a pcm that makes most all standalones look like a kiddie toy.