Thread: Desired Shift Times. Normal and Performance. Decreased??

Advanced Tuner

Desired Shift Times. Normal and Performance. Decreased??

After the truck heats up, my downshifts seem to be slow. Like the trans down shifts a bit later than it should, dragging the rpms lower than normal. So I downloaded a stock 4.8 truck tune from the repository and I used the compare feature to see the differences between my tune and stock. It seems my tuner has decreased my shift times. I cant figure out why he did, but that's what it appears like.

Here are the two files I am looking at.
    Random4.8stock.hpt
    Redline+MisfireWORKING+ACbump.hpt

Unless someone who has more experience has something to say, I planned on putting it back to stock shift times. Or should I not be trusting a file from the REP...

Not sure if my signature is updated on here, but i have a 2003 Silverado with a 5.7 longblock in place of the 4.8
    2011 Camaro SS
    Thompson Motorsports Dart 427
    ESS Tuning G4 Supercharger 1158whp/1017wtq
    DSX Tuning stuff

Most of the time they reduce the shift time because from the factory they are pretty slow to shift, that stock file looked like .4 to .5 seconds on avg across the board.

Your tune is much quicker at .2XXish and gets quicker as the torque increases.

Personally on a stockish 4L60e, just doing .300 is a good happy medium. Not too quick and not too slow.

I'd also invest in a 20 dollar corvette servo, best bang for the buck mod for a 4L60e. Oregon Performance transmissions is a good place to buy from.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Advanced Tuner
    it appears I am an idiot. Decreasing the time is a good thing. I was thinking he increased the times... not sure how I inverted the two. Maybe because I was using the compare feature and was looking at the differences. Who knows.

Thanks for your response though.

Even though, this doesn't address my concern about the time it takes to downshift. I will keep digging.
    2011 Camaro SS
    Thompson Motorsports Dart 427
    ESS Tuning G4 Supercharger 1158whp/1017wtq
    DSX Tuning stuff

Potential Tuner
    So ur saying to just put .300 across the board on both tables?