Thread: Bought HP tuner and have a few questions

Bought HP tuner and have a few questions

Ok so I have a 2013 gt mustang and decided to give tuning a try on this platform, little bit different beast then my turbo 4's and cobb software. Mods are:

Cobrat jet intake with super cobra jet throttle body and 5" cold air intake
    Comp stage 3 cams with stiffer valve springs and limiters only on the exhaust side(per my last tuners request)
    1 7/8 headers, no cats and stainless works catback
    47lbs injectors

Non-tune related mods:

built bottom end with stock compression
    stock gear ratio for now
    stock tires till I bolt on the drag setup

So I believe I got a good starting point for the scj throttle body with a cj tune I downloaded from here earlier. I know what I need to set the afr's to on 93 and e85. I found which tables to adjust for the vct but I'm not sure what to do about limiting the cam phasing. My old tuner said he limited my cam phasing to 60* in my tune to be safe because of not having limiters on the intake side and I don't want to have a valve to valve even. So which table do I adjust to limit the phasing to 60*. Also any other stuff I need to be worried about, thank you.

Tuner
    The stock tune has a 60* limit..not sure what your tuner did there..

The biggest issue is the overlap border, as this is the table that keeps a valve to valve event from occurring, and if you look at it, you will noticed that they are inversed of each other, and any changes have to be made to both tables to keep it inversed.

Attached a picture of the phasing limit tables and such
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Current toy- 97 SCSB OBS chevy forged 6.0/4l80 combo with a bit of boost..currently back under the knife

To many previous vehicles to list

Ok thanks, that is prolly what he was talking about. I'll have to look at the overlap table more.

Eric halp me please when you get a chance. Could you explain the overlap table (no fly zone) and how one adjust this for after market cams. Also what else would someone need to change with the phaser limiters, thanks!

Tuner in Training
    Anyone have any info on the cam timing and VCT mapped points they can post up?

Well this is going nowhere in a hury.

Tuner in Training
    : This thread and toyoguru's little instruction pdf on his ghost cam tune gave a decent understanding on VCT mapped points and etc.

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...-13-mustang-GT

It was enough to get me started and get a decent running ghost cam on my 2012 v6 manual. Keep in mind his is for a stalled auto I believe.

Otherwise, I've been just scouring the forum and playing with stuff myself to figure out what does what. Not much info out there for the 2011+ stuff.

Thanks but I'm talking about real cams here not ghost cams. I don't want shit to go boom lol.

Anybody know anyone that has tuned the comp cams with hp tuners? Still needing some help please.

are your cams locked or just limited? I highly highly rec getting mmr phaser deletes and f the vvt all together lol
    GOD HELP US ALL....

Quote Originally Posted by kaineoutlaw View Post
    are your cams locked or just limited? I highly highly rec getting mmr phaser deletes and f the vvt all together lol
    No there not locked and locking these comp cams would be a waste of power/trq.

Potential Tuner
    I'm debating on going with hp. This is my dilemma, don't know nearly enough to try and muddle my way thru. Similar mods and way too much to screw up.

Quote Originally Posted by Race_red_gt View Post
    I'm debating on going with hp. This is my dilemma, don't know nearly enough to try and muddle my way thru. Similar mods and way too much to screw up.
    You can always buy HPTuners and hire a tuner to help you with the tune. That way you have options in the future...