Thread: LUJ/LUV VVT Tables

Tuner in Training

LUJ/LUV VVT Tables

Has anyone played with the cam tables yet? Tried adjusting them, but wasn't able to get any conclusive results. Looks like the cams start at zero when key on engine off, are a 23 degrees intake 9 degrees exhaust at idle and run 13-14 degrees each at peak torque.

Are the cams actuators advance or retard only? Is there an easy way to tell?

Will post a stock file in a bit....

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    gm usually sets these so the exhaust retards and the intake advances. their park positions would sit at the maximum mechanically allowed separation and when controlled they shift towards increased overlap.
    testing would verify
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by cobaltssoverbooster View Post
    gm usually sets these so the exhaust retards and the intake advances. their park positions would sit at the maximum mechanically allowed separation and when controlled they shift towards increased overlap.
    testing would verify
    Are the cams in there park positions at idle? Also, In EGR areas is the intake cam advanced and exhaust cam retarded with close to maximum overlap?

Stock File:2012 Cruze Stock.hpt

Testing: Increase intake cam degrees at idle, increased airflow = retarded, reduced airflow= advanced? By airflow I would be watching maf Hz. I believe I saw this method in one of the VVT tuning threads but I looked for hours last night and was unsuccessful.

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    Right it it matches a the same coding as a LE5 then 0 would be electronic park and anything higher would be shift. If you increase it and the airflow goes up then on the intake that would be retard and exhaust advance.
    normally we set them to park at idle, full separation, this method saves a little gas and also smoother idle as you lessen overlap some and get rid of the harsh firing caused by overlap/scavenge. It doesn't always net a huge gas savings but when you account for all the the steps together it builds up.