Thread: Upgrading from standard to pro

Potential Tuner

Upgrading from standard to pro

I recently paid to upgrade my HPT from standard to the pro version and had a few questions:

1. Does the EIO plug came with it, or would I have to buy that separately...?

2. Do I just mail my interface by its self with nothing else, or do I need to include proof of purchase for the upgrade?

3. Where are this interfaces being sent from....????
    I paid 89 bucks for shipping to Canada for something the size of a coffee cup, yet its only 30 bucks more to get a 60lbs box of cylinder heads shipped from Florida.
    USPS is much cheaper way to ship to Canada and items don't get stuck in customs for upto 3 weeks.
    Brokerage is usually around 15 bucks flat rate.
    1980 Chev 4x4
    9" of lift
    Th400/np205

LQ4 waiting to go in...

Potential Tuner
    Anyone....??
    1980 Chev 4x4
    9" of lift
    Th400/np205

LQ4 waiting to go in...

Advanced Tuner
    The EIO plug comes with the interface when you buy pro so I would assume it comes with the upgrade.

I would contact sales at hp tuners dot com or use the online contact form for the answers to your questions. The most accurate and up to date information will come directly from the company.
    Last edited by gofastwclass; 04-24-2015 at 07:06 AM.

Senior Tuner
    I had mine upgraded and it came with the EIO plug. I did what the website said and I got it back very quickly...I believe it's actually just another interface as they changed my HPTuners account info number when they "upgraded" it, and it has a couple different scratches on it than my original had.

For what it's worth...if you've got a LOT of credits into your interface, insure it for the value to replace that...it doesn't add that much to the shipping cost, but it's a good piece of mind to know that you'll be able to continue working with any car you already registered without incurring additional cost out of pocket should the shipper damage/lose it on you.
    2010 Camaro SS M6. Stock Bottom End, Heads/Cam/Intake/Headers/Exhaust.
    2005 Silverado RCSB. Forged 370 LQ9/Borg-Forced Inductions T6 S484/Jake's Stage 4 4L80E with D3 Brake/4WD.
    2023 Durango Hellcat

Potential Tuner
    After shipping, duty, brokerage and tax......163.62 in shipping through UPS, the only option they had on their website.

It cost me 28.xx to ship to them via post office with $500 worth of insurance.

Both means took the same amount of time
    (7 days)