Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2112 coyote pats anti theft

Potential Tuner

2112 coyote pats anti theft

Can I shut off the personel anti theft on a 2112 f150 with a 5.0. I bought a motor trans combo with wiring and didn't get the ignition switch.

Tuner in Training
    I doubt there will be a 2112 F150 in the future lol.

I know there is a switch for the 5.0 mustangs to turn pats off and on.

Tuner
    Fast5oh, can you verify again that the PATS is able to be disabled on the 5.0's for mustangs. I have one sitting here at the shop that I can't fire up until the PATS disable is live.

Tuner in Training
    I don't have a way to test it out today. But the switch is there to disable it. Maybe eric knows if it works or not.

The PATS disable switch is there, but it alone does not disable PATS. There is a procedure that goes along with that switch that will need to be done via the scanner. I am working on it. No ETA
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric@HPTuners View Post
    The PATS disable switch is there, but it alone does not disable PATS. There is a procedure that goes along with that switch that will need to be done via the scanner. I am working on it. No ETA
    Eric,
    I saw you making progress on getting the Crate PCM's with no VIN in them..

any headway on PATS disable for factory computers?

Quote Originally Posted by cjsgarage View Post
    Eric,
    I saw you making progress on getting the Crate PCM's with no VIN in them..

any headway on PATS disable for factory computers?
    None yet. I am still working on DMRs.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Advanced Tuner
    To be clear though, the ford pcms will run in a kit car with just the pcm, ignition switch and key from the matching car. And they dont freak out missing other computer modules like some of the GM cars.
    1994 Mazda Miata turbo, aero, hoosiers Class=SSM

Take my drop box referral and we both get an extra 250 Mb free!

Quote Originally Posted by Leafy View Post
    To be clear though, the ford pcms will run in a kit car with just the pcm, ignition switch and key from the matching car. And they dont freak out missing other computer modules like some of the GM cars.
    Depends on the year, for 2011+ as long as PATS is disabled. I think these switches are still on Erics todo list.

-Matt
    There are two ways of constructing a software design: One way is to make it so simple that there are obviously no deficiencies, and the other way is to make it so complicated that there are no obvious deficiencies. The first method is far more difficult.

You don't need all the modules, they don't freak like GMs. You can either run the Ford Racing Control Pack (which can be tuned with our software), or you have to swap in the PCM, ignition switch, and whatever the key talks to, may be part of the cluster. I haven't looked that far into it.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroAviation View Post
    Depends on the year, for 2011+ as long as PATS is disabled. I think these switches are still on Erics todo list.

-Matt
    It is more than just switches that need to be flipped on 2011+ cars. There is a procedure that will need to be done while connected with our scanner. It's on the to do list.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Eric,

Is it possible to write the control pack strategy to a production car PCM, or is the hardware different?

David

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric@HPTuners View Post
    It is more than just switches that need to be flipped on 2011+ cars. There is a procedure that will need to be done while connected with our scanner. It's on the to do list.
    Interesting, so if I have the choice between a 2010 ecu and a 2012 ecu from the junk yard for a kit car I should pick the 2010.
    1994 Mazda Miata turbo, aero, hoosiers Class=SSM

Take my drop box referral and we both get an extra 250 Mb free!

Quote Originally Posted by David Borden View Post
    Eric,

Is it possible to write the control pack strategy to a production car PCM, or is the hardware different?

David
    I have never done it, but I don't see any reason that you can't. I believe you could actually low level flash the PCM with IDS, and convert it fully to a control pack firmware. The hardware engineering numbers should be close to the same, if not exact.

Interesting, so if I have the choice between a 2010 ecu and a 2012 ecu from the junk yard for a kit car I should pick the 2010.
    I would stick it out with the 2012 ECU, then PATS disabling is on the list.

-Matt
    Last edited by ZeroAviation; 06-12-2015 at 07:34 AM. Reason: i need to learn to spell
    There are two ways of constructing a software design: One way is to make it so simple that there are obviously no deficiencies, and the other way is to make it so complicated that there are no obvious deficiencies. The first method is far more difficult.

I ran across a thread where a guy flashed his control pack to a 2013 with a IDS to write a VIN, then immediately re-flashed the crate strategy back on with SCT and it worked for him. Although that's a different direction.

David

I ran across a thread where a guy flashed his control pack to a 2013 with a IDS to write a VIN, then immediately re-flashed the crate strategy back on with SCT and it worked for him. Although that's a different direction.

David
    That is possible, however, it won't be needed. Eric has VIN stuff coming very soon!

-Matt

Hey Matt, I suppose I wasn't very clear in my reply. What I was trying to get across is that someone was able to flash from a control pack strategy to a 2013 GT, and back... So maybe one could write a control pack strategy to a production car PCM, if they were doing a engine swap to get around PATS. In that case there shouldn't be a VIN issue.

Tuner in Training

David
    Yes sir...actually did another last week assisting Eric to finalize the Vin write for the Crate6 strategy..Eric is the Man!!

Tuner in Training
    Hey Matt, I suppose I wasn't very clear in my reply. What I was trying to get across is that someone was able to flash from a control pack strategy to a 2013 GT, and back... So maybe one could write a control pack strategy to a production car PCM, if they were doing a engine swap to get around PATS. In that case there shouldn't be a VIN issue.
    The Crate6 strategy has PATS hard coded off so that's the strategy to use if it's going to be a manual setup or any auto other than a 6R80, on a junk yard setup to get around PATS IMO

Does anyone have a solution to this as of now?

I will be needing a solution as I'm using an F150/6R80 setup from a junkyard pullout in my street rod setup. I plan on going factory ECU/Harness and reworking the harness, and hoping there is a solution before I get finished so I'm not stuck waiting.

Is there any other solution in the interim that I could use? Is it possible to flash the FRPP computer with my stock F150 tune and get past it if I buy the FRPP kit and ditch the harness, or is it truly a software only issue not hardware? Looking for any alternative until HPT supports this, so I'm not dead in the water waiting.

Thanks!
    '17 Whipple'd S550
    Too many other projects to list.....see my YouTube channel for more: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCr7...-XfDG53sCh6tcw