Thread: Morton- Siemen's Deka 60lb injector data...

Tuner in Training

Morton- Siemen's Deka 60lb injector data...

Does anyone have Morton (Deka) 60lb injector data? Injectors are for a 09 C6 with a ECS kit.

Thanks for your help!

Advanced Tuner
    The Greg banish DVD from summit has great injector data. There's also a spreadsheet floating around by dsteck that has pretty good data. It needs some massaging, but it works.

Tuner in Training
    Yeah I found that that sheet, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Newagehotrods View Post
    Does anyone have Morton (Deka) 60lb injector data? Injectors are for a 09 C6 with a ECS kit.

Thanks for your help!
    Are you absolutely sure the ones Greg provides data for are EXACTLY the ones you have? If not, the data will not be the same. Hint: I would bet large piles of cash that they are not the same.

I spent weeks trying to dial in those injectors.. If it's the ones I'm thinking they are, they are made by Continental.. I found the data sheet on them and filled in everything I could in DSTeck's injector data converter sheet thing and that got me at least more in the ballpark

I have a friend who has built a pretty advanced way of backing into injector data from logs.. I didn't totally finish dialing in the data before I went to ID's (due to other issues), but I can give you the last revision of the data that I have if you want it. That was the best I ever got before I ditched them and went to ID's.

I spent weeks trying to figure this out.. I've tried every revision of the Greg Banish data that is out there and they didn't work well (because they were not the same injectors he provides data for..).

In SD there are enough cells that you can pretty much cover up the injector data errors, but in MAF only you really need the right data.
    Last edited by schpenxel; 04-23-2015 at 03:46 PM.
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Advanced Tuner
    Greg has data for both the short and long deka 60's. His data is absolutely for the seimens deka injectors, not some continental off brand. There are however, several people pushing off brand or reman injectors as the real deal, so be careful of that.

To be sure, the Ford motorsport injectors are in fact the ones Greg's data is based on.

Quote Originally Posted by PST View Post
    Greg has data for both the short and long deka 60's. His data is absolutely for the seimens deka injectors, not some continental off brand. There are however, several people pushing off brand or reman injectors as the real deal, so be careful of that.

To be sure, the Ford motorsport injectors are in fact the ones Greg's data is based on.
    That's what I thought. Based on that, the data Greg has worked up is useless for your injectors then.

The ECS kit comes with Continental 60# injectors (or at least mine did). If you do some searching of the part number stamped on the injector you'll find more info on it. There's a data sheet somewhere that gives some (but not all) of the info you need to fill in DSteck's injector sheet.. so, yeah, basically you're not getting good data on these short of having them tested yourself

(unless someone else already has..)

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Continental bought all of the automotive business (including fuel injector production) from Siemems VDO years ago. If they are the same part number, then the SD injector is the same as the Conti injector. But, as was mentioned above, there are lots of idiots out there selling "60#" injectors that are modified/redrilled/whatever and I can assure you that they are not the same as genuine SD/Conti 60# OEM injectors.

Did you see THIS ARTICLE?

Quote Originally Posted by eficalibrator View Post
    Continental bought all of the automotive business (including fuel injector production) from Siemems VDO years ago. If they are the same part number, then the SD injector is the same as the Conti injector. But, as was mentioned above, there are lots of idiots out there selling "60#" injectors that are modified/redrilled/whatever and I can assure you that they are not the same as genuine SD/Conti 60# OEM injectors.

Did you see THIS ARTICLE?
    Thanks Greg--I didn't know Continental had bought out that part of Siemens. I work in the automotive industry so perhaps I should have known that.

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock