Thread: Can "Reduced Engine Power" be defeated?

Tuner in Training

Can "Reduced Engine Power" be defeated?

Is there a table somewhere for "Reduced Engine Power" mode that I could just modify the tables to the normal numbers from the other tables and make reduced engine power mode have no real power difference? Or disable it all together? 2009 LMM Duramax

Long story on why. This is a direct request from my customer, it's not as crazy as it sounds.

It depends on what is causing the REP. When it's a MAP, airflow or MAF correlation issue, you can raise the limit so it will not enter REP.
    If it's being caused by other things like malfunctioning pedal sensors, Bad TB or TAC, harness/electrical issues, etc. there is nothing you can do other than fix the issue. Even if you completely disable the codes and REP reporting it will still lose all power.
    9 sec Montecarlo SS

Tuner in Training
    It's attempting a regeneration cycle, but no longer has a DPF. It then goes into reduced power mode.

You can't disable DPF diagnostics with HPT, you need another software to do it and the problem will go away
    9 sec Montecarlo SS

Tuner in Training
    EFI Live can, just not a purchase I wanted to have to make for this customer. But I'm already losing money on the deal. Guess I'll be losing more.