Thread: Transfer Video from iPhone to Laptop

Potential Tuner

Transfer Video from iPhone to Laptop

What's the best method to transfer files from your phone to a computer?

I cannot get the WiFi transfer to work. Components:

iPhone 5 with 8.1.2

Laptop is MacBookPro, i7, 8GB, ... Yosemite and have Bootcamp with Windows 7. I can't get the WiFi transfer to work with Race Render on the OSX or the Windows side.

Sometimes it seems like it has difficulty connecting the two devices. Sometimes the transfer will start, but I have never successfully transmitted a sample/test file (1080p, ~1:30).

My assumption is that 'Render to Album' and then using iTunes is probably the easiest method? Does that require twice the space though (i.e. if the video file is 1GB under TrackAddict, assume it will consume/need another 1GB under the Album)?

Thanks.

If the WiFi transfer functionality isn't working on your network, the easiest way is to connect the phone to your computer via its USB cable.

To do this for an iOS device, you would then open iTunes on the computer, select your iOS device, click the "Apps" tab, and then scroll down to the second list of apps, which will be under the "File Sharing" heading. You can then find TrackAddict in that list and see the .mov and .csv files for your sessions, and click & drag them into a Finder folder. There's some more explanation on that here: http://RaceRender.com/TrackAddict/docs/iTunesFS.html

The "Render to Album" option is mostly for the app's own integrated video+data export functionality, which is convenient, but it does need a fair amount of extra space, and you'll find that RaceRender offers many more options and is often faster as well.

Potential Tuner
    This is exactly how I transferred my file too. I also couldn't get it to transfer via Wifi, but honestly I didn't spend much time trying to.