Thread: 2015 Ecoboost Mustang

Tuner in Training

2015 Ecoboost Mustang

Okay, so I got the ecoboost, I have a couple of questions to get me started.

1) Where is the wastewater control? I want to add boat but haven't ever messed with the fords before and this is all foreign to me.

2) global timing, I read in another post i shouldn't add it here. Confirm?

3) can I scale the intake air sensor? I made a cold air intake but used a great screw in sensor... It reads way off.

Thanks for any help. So far I have gained about 30rwhp and about 50lbs of tq, but I have been boost limited.
    http://www.carlyleracing.com
    888-307-9186
    07 C6 ZO6 Atomic Orange
    Best ET 6.54@228

Tuner in Training
    pedal position WOT start 200... is that just fully pushed down or does this need to be changed to 100?
    888-307-9186
    07 C6 ZO6 Atomic Orange
    Best ET 6.54@228

Tuner in Training
    Could I trouble you to post the stock file so I could take a look at it?

Quote Originally Posted by atomicfusion View Post
    pedal position WOT start 200... is that just fully pushed down or does this need to be changed to 100?
    This value is a pedal position percentage. Its set to 200%, so this means it is always using the Driver Demand table.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Tuner in Training
    Ok, so here are some updates...

After about 50 or so passes on the dyno and not really getting anywhere, I went out and bought another companies "canned" tune.

after loading the canned tune I was able to get much better results, but even better, I was able to read that tune back out of the car to see where my issues were...

with HP Tuners, I was able to make 278hp and 320Tq on a stock car with Cold air kit and downpipe.

With the handheld tuner I got 321hp and 362Tq on the same dyno and same mods. (1 day apart)

the Stock tune I started with made 252hp and 264Tq same mods.

I tried to make changes to the Canned tune with HP tuners and it appears that some of the hard limits may be set too low to get the desired results (just guessing here because I am by no means a master tuner)

When I made any changes to the canned tune, the car would go into a limp mode and the only way I got it back to where I was, was to flash it back to stock and then do the handheld upgrade again.

Thoughts?

BTW the canned tune did change it to run in Optimal mode...
    888-307-9186
    07 C6 ZO6 Atomic Orange
    Best ET 6.54@228

Care to post up both the canned file and the stock one?
    www.crawford-racing.com
    Home of the original and best selling CR-Fueler plug and play port injection controller kits for all GM Gen V direct injection platforms.

Any other info on getting these Ecoboost cusotm tuned just as good as a SCT can?