Thread: is my vehicle supported??

Potential Tuner

is my vehicle supported??

I posted this a few months ago and didn't get a direct answer.

I have a 2007 Buick Rendezvous with the 3.5L V6 (I believe this is the "LX9"), not the 3.4 or 3.6.
    This car has the 4T65E trans.

Is this vehicle supported by HP Tuners? It's not in the supported vehicle list, but perhaps that is a mistake as previous year Rendezvous is listed, and I also see the 3.5L listed in other GM vehicles. But I don't want to assume anything.

The only thing I want to do is slightly raise transmission pressures. In small increments, testing between adjustments. (If possible I'd love to only raise pressure when the car is at idle, like sitting at a stop sign, but if I have to increase them across the board that is OK too.)

Can I do this myself with HP Tuners? It seems all I need is VCM Suite with Standard interface for GM correct?

(My skill set: computer engineer by profession, moderate level 'weekend mechanic'.)

Thank you!
    Brian

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    post a clear picture of the service sticker on the pcm.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Your vehicle has a P05 PCM. Some of these talk via CAN and others via VPW. We only support the VPW kind at this time. I am fairly confident yours is the unsupported kind (CAN).

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Engineer@HPT View Post
    Your vehicle has a P05 PCM. Some of these talk via CAN and others via VPW. We only support the VPW kind at this time. I am fairly confident yours is the unsupported kind (CAN).
    I connected my code reader last night and it connected using the J1850 VPW protocol. See attached.

FullSizeRender.jpg

You should be fine then. The OS on your PCM is already supported.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Engineer@HPT View Post
    You should be fine then. The OS on your PCM is already supported.
    Thank you for the response. Great to hear.

This is what I'm trying to do. I would like to only increase trans pressure at low RPM / low MPH. Such as sitting at a red light, and right after I step on the gas when the light turns green.

Over approximately 10mph, would prefer to stay stock. For example, would prefer to leave the 1-2 shift point and pressure stock.

Is that possible?

Potential Tuner
    Reviving this thread.

Does anyone know if I will be able to do what I need? And which table to adjust? I need to increase trans line pressure slightly at idle while in D. See my previous post please. Thank you!