Thread: 2016 l83 swap pedal not working, hard starting

Tuner in Training

2016 l83 swap pedal not working, hard starting

I?ve got a buddy that has swapped a 2016 Silverado l83 into his square body truck. He ordered the harness from no setup for the vette pedal as it?s easier to mount but got impatient and hooked it up using the truck pedal without changing the wiring.

Now the ecm has p2122 and p2127 set as permanent codes and we get no throttle control at all and it take 10-15s of cranking to get the engine to star. It runs great after it starts though. The pedal is being read by the ecm, I get the same percentages and sensor voltages as two other working gen v swaps. The throttle body moves properly when starting up, shows ~32% with key on, jumps to ~20 while cranking and then spikes at startup and eventually steadies out at 15.6 within half a percent of the other two engines.

I don?t think there is anything wrong with any of the components at this point but I can?t for the life of figure out how to get these codes to clear.

Tuner in Training
    I forgot all about this, but there is on either odd behavior. If I clear the dtcs with the engine running its dies instantly. Doesn?t matter if i I use hp or a stand alone code reader to do it. It starts right back up though with the same long crank.

Potential Tuner
    Did you ever figure this out? I'm having the same issue. ECM reads pedal APP1 and APP2 values, but I have no response from the throttle body

Potential Tuner

L83 Swap also no throttle

Quote Originally Posted by Gohilla View Post
    Did you ever figure this out? I'm having the same issue. ECM reads pedal APP1 and APP2 values, but I have no response from the throttle body
    I am having the same issue. The engine start and runs fine, but no throttle repsonse.
    The engine is an L83 out of a 2016 Silverado mated to a NV4500. E92 ECM
    I originally used a car pedal part# 10379038 - no throttle
    Pulled a pedal from a 2015 Silverado part# 23163168.

Made no difference whatsoever.

Code P2138 - Throttle / Pedal Position Source Correlation DTC.

I did swap pins D and F and it made no difference.

Any ideas on how to resolve this would be greatly appreciated.

Potential Tuner
    Has anyway figured this out contact me @[email protected] thanks

Advanced Tuner
    Post the tune you're having issues with. Veteran tuners rather look through the tune/VCM log, than guess what issue you're having.
    Last edited by STAGEUP; 08-29-2023 at 04:35 PM.
    2009.5 PBM G8 GXP M6 W/Roof-Self tune, OBX LTs, Kooks axleback, LSA blower, cam,
    Monster LT1-SC clutch, flex fuel, 12 psi [email protected] 1,800 D.A
    2007 TBSS-Self tune, bolt ons [email protected], 1,900 D.A
    1991 GMC Syclone- Self tune/catback 12.8@104, 4,200ft D.A