Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reduced Engine Power just for removing the speed limiter?

Reduced Engine Power just for removing the speed limiter?

2015 Silverado. I am getting a reduced engine power warning when I set the speed limiter to 318mph. Any one else had this problem? I have included both tunes for comparison.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Seems common right now, put that back to stock

I have sent an email to support regarding this. They are having their engineer look into it.
    www.crawford-racing.com
    Home of the original and best selling CR-Fueler plug and play port injection controller kits for all GM Gen V direct injection platforms.

I figured if it was a known issue support would be on it. Wanted to make sure it wasn't something I did.

Have you tried not maxing it out and setting it to something like 175?

lmfao 318 are u dropping that brick off the moon 140 ought to suffice. any faster and your windshield wipers may stand straight up.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by Higgs Boson View Post
    Have you tried not maxing it out and setting it to something like 175?
    Not a bad idea, I've seen maxxing out tables create alot of issues, might just be something new.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Setting it to 145mph worked fine. 2015 Silverado 6.2 8 speed.
    www.crawford-racing.com
    Home of the original and best selling CR-Fueler plug and play port injection controller kits for all GM Gen V direct injection platforms.

Advanced Tuner
    My 2014 Sierra 6.2 is set to 140 as well and is fine.

2015 5.3 maxed out Speedo reduced Engine power came on when flashed. Set MPH to 175 and Reduced Engine went away!
    JRXTuning & Performance
    Fort Worth Texas
    [email protected]

2011 CTSV https://youtu.be/WUuGxYNfJjk
    2008 GMC Sierra 5.7, Nitrous Outlet 200shot, 4.10 gears (Sold)
    2007 GMC Sierra 4.8 4/7 drop, Tune only
    2007 CTS-V BTR STG4,TFS225,MSD Airforce,102NW TB

I set it at 250 mph and it worked on a 2015 vette... when 318 didn't.

Yeap, 200 mph, never maxed out.

By the way, you're probably going to have issues with torque control, your Engine > Torque Management > Peak torque table values are maxed out. Some times works, some times not.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Thanks guys, I've made this a sticky, lets see if anyone actually reads it ;-)

I read it and thanks....another knock against the well practiced art of maxing out tables in these new GEN V setups :-)

By the way, I never agreed with maxing tables (or using zero as a value) in the Gen III or IV setups either........its kind of like the Y2K fear :-)

Ed M
    Last edited by mowton; 09-11-2015 at 06:00 AM.
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    Thanks guys, I've made this a sticky, lets see if anyone actually reads it ;-)
    What about imposing an artificial 250-300mph max on the table instead of the 318 that's there now?...then nobody would even ask, they'd just set it there and have no issue.
    2010 Camaro SS M6. Stock Bottom End, Heads/Cam/Intake/Headers/Exhaust.
    2005 Silverado RCSB. Forged 370 LQ9/Borg-Forced Inductions T6 S484/Jake's Stage 4 4L80E with D3 Brake/4WD.
    2023 Durango Hellcat

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    And then someone would say "well in so an so software package they have the limit set to 318mph why does hptuners suck and only limit it to 300 mph?" and then I'd have to answer those emails.

Senior Tuner
    And then someone would say "well in so an so software package they have the limit set to 318mph why does hptuners suck and only limit it to 300 mph?" and then I'd have to answer those emails.
    Priceless.

I just set my max speed to 200mph and raised the enable rpm limit to 8000rpms, in theory I should have no limit so exceeding 318mph shouldn't be a problem in the old Silverado.
    2014 Silverado 5.3 - New Mod Template

Senior Tuner
    Actually, EFILive does it all the time...there's the "table max" and the "EFILive max"...they'll let a file that comes in with a value higher than their max but below the table max to stay the way it is (though they'll warn you)...if you go to max out a value though, then they won't let you go higher than their max...

Remember the TBSS E67 dead throttle issue if you max out all the torque management settings...not a problem in their software because they don't let you go quite that high.
    2010 Camaro SS M6. Stock Bottom End, Heads/Cam/Intake/Headers/Exhaust.
    2005 Silverado RCSB. Forged 370 LQ9/Borg-Forced Inductions T6 S484/Jake's Stage 4 4L80E with D3 Brake/4WD.
    2023 Durango Hellcat

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Sounds, to me, like they are opening themselves up to more things than this actually helps. What if they were to miss one and it fries an ecm? In any event I don't see us adding anything like this soon, ultimately its up to the tuner to kinda know what he/she is doing, we just give you access to whats in the ecm including the native upper & lower limits.