Thread: Tuning Question for Caliber SRT4

Tuner in Training

Tuning Question for Caliber SRT4

First question, If the car already has a tune on it from another company, could i save that file and use it to make adjustments?
    Or would i have to revert it back to stock and read the stock file?
    Also, does anyone have a CSRT4 bin i can use? I didnt see "Caliber" in the repository.
    Has there been any luck on a good solid tune for the CSRT yet?

Tuner in Training
    Yes you can tune whatever is on there right now unless it was "locked" but you would know when you try to download the stock tune. Ive tuned a handful of csrt4's and been having great times with it especially with e85. i know of a big wheeled stock frame caliber pushing 400hp tuned on hptuners as well done by k.p. tuning.

Tuner in Training
    I have a stock rip from an 08 and 09 if you need one but you should be fine modifying what you have. PM me if youd like either one.

Tuner in Training
    Great, yeah i have the big wheel turbo upgrade and im wanting to run e85 as well. any advice on tuning for e85? I have been out of the tuning scene for almost 10 years now lol

Advanced Tuner
    I'm suppose to be tuning a few of these within the next couple weeks. Does anybody know what a safe boost level is on these?
    2018 Camaro SS, Maggie 2650, 103 TB, Big Gulp, E85

Tuner in Training
    16-18psi does really well on these with bolt ons

Advanced Tuner
    That's what I'm finding out. I've heard 17-19 so that sounds about right. Hopefully hpt has enough tables and scan data unlocked for a good tune

Tuner in Training
    Deff do, however its a work of art balancing all the tables to make you wind up at the boost level using the stock solinoids and with no throttle closing. Theres some info posted around here about it but basically theres about 5 different sections that need to be modified as everything is electronically controlled they love snapping back the throttle on you if it doesnt like what your doing and dont adjust the correct airflow/tq limits and pedal power % etc. First time i did one it took me hours to finally get everything squared away with solid repeatable results in all gears. So once you get it dialed in youll have a nice basemap to start with for the next time lol.

Advanced Tuner
    srt modded billy 20.hpl08 caliber srt billy modded 8.hpt

notice how the 1st 2 pulls are fine and it pulls back after that.
    2018 Camaro SS, Maggie 2650, 103 TB, Big Gulp, E85