Thread: 06 300 6.1 "cycle read timed out" probelm. FRUSTRATING

Tuner in Training

06 300 6.1 "cycle read timed out" probelm. FRUSTRATING

OK. HP Tuner team support. I have a problem. I am tuning a 06 300 SRT8 6.1 with a SC. the car had been tuned before out of state, and now the tune had got accidentally erase by the customer. So he brung it in to "tune". long stroy short the support page states it supports this car. Well, I'm having a HELL of a time getting it to even read. It detects the PCM, I can also data log and everything works. but when I go try and read it, it always tells me to turn key off 3 sec and back on. Well, everytime I do that it always ends up telling me cycle timed out, fail. And of course I am using the newest beta. Im starting to think hp tuners doesn't have all the bugs worked out to support this car yet??
    BTW,
    I have tryed two different computers (laptop) two different loggers(hardware) and support through email told me it seems like a faulty pcm, WELL I have even went out my way and bought a different computer. same thing.

So my question to you guys is, have you ever had this problem before AND, WTF IS MY ISSUE. I had this issue with a mustang before too. but that time it was because I didn't have the new beta, this time, not so easy.

GUYS PLEASE HELP ME ASAP.

Download latest 2.25 from your user panel and try again. If that doesn't work, please email your file to support.

Advanced Tuner
    Sometimes,it can take up to 20-30 minutes before I can get a file to flash in an 04 NGC3
    It will end up working,but man can it take forever.
    Last edited by vortec; 05-04-2015 at 09:53 PM.

Tuner in Training
    just so ya know. I've try and tryed and it's just NOT working for me. I GIVE UP. I don't think the "updated" new software is up to par with the new dodge pcm just not yet. AND I know it's not me, as even the support told me after I email them the file that it can be my pcm, which is not, we pulled one from another car and even try to program it too, and bought one from lkq, nothing. Welp, money down the drain for this system. maybe the new version will work better. But untill then, the beta doesn't work on these cars.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by 00camaross View Post
    just so ya know. I've try and tryed and it's just NOT working for me. I GIVE UP. I don't think the "updated" new software is up to par with the new dodge pcm just not yet. AND I know it's not me, as even the support told me after I email them the file that it can be my pcm, which is not, we pulled one from another car and even try to program it too, and bought one from lkq, nothing. Welp, money down the drain for this system. maybe the new version will work better. But untill then, the beta doesn't work on these cars.
    Without going into it too much there were two ngc3 pcm's offered in 06, both used the exact same os id but they were two different pcm's, one we could read one we couldn't. It wasn't until very recently we found this out and have since added support for those oddball pcm's as well. So...you can either give up and throw up your hands or you can try the newest beta build as it will likely fix your issues reading. Up to you.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

PM sent. Lets see if we can get this straightened out for ya.

Tuner in Training
    Mark, I've got the new beta, I've wrote that in my first post didn't I? Anyways I got your pm and will respond back to it tomm or monday. Thank you for trying to help me with this. A+ service.

Mark, I've got the new beta, I've wrote that in my first post didn't I? Anyways I got your pm and will respond back to it tomm or monday. Thank you for trying to help me with this. A+ service.
    Well the beta is updated multiple times a day during the week typically so you never know. Will keep my eye out for your PM.