Thread: Hydra-Matic 6L80

Tuner in Training

Hydra-Matic 6L80

Hello all, new to tuning and have been doing lots and lots of reading. I have a 2014 chevy silverado with the 4.3 and the 6l80 trans. I have disabled the dod and have left everything else stock. After driving for about a week im feeling like the trans needs a little tweaking. Been reading alot about torque management and what it does and messing around with that, but im thinking thats not what im looking for. Im just looking to firm up the shifts a little bit and take care of the horrible downshifts when coming to a stop. Am I right in thinking that changing the shift times is what im looking for? Has anybody done any trans tuning on new 4.3 silverado's? Would it be safe to say that reading the V8gen5/trans forum and reading posts about those trucks would be a similar situation as me? Thanks in advance for any advice.

The trans and tuning is really no different than doing one on a 2010+ GM truck. Sure minor tables are changed for 5.3/6.2 and year to year minor changes but thats no biggy.

Quicker shift times and minor pressure changes do help alot, I hardly mess with TQ MNGT on them because I don't make huge power and I don't need bang bang shifts and chirping tires on the 1-2 shift.

I also never notice anything bad about the way it downshifts, I don't notice it much in my 2010 when coming to a stop. Sure I feel it going down a few gears but it's not a problem to me.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Haven't logged it yet but feels like a 4-2 downshift at a certain rpm that causes a dump feeling in the truck. It's my first Chevy so don't know if it's normal. lol Thank's for the info. Gonna do some research on shift times/pressure.

Tuner
    fyi, I work at a dealership.. those downshifts are to be considered normal, I know what your talking about.. I'm sure you could probably change something up in the tune to help it though, honestly not sure where though.. I think it's a combination of dfco exiting and a downshift at the same time..