Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Throttle response issues

Advanced Tuner
    Ahh - that explains it! I just verified and the Driver Demand stuff doesn't show if I'm set to "Basic" view. It does show (along with a a LOT of other stuff) if I'm in "Standard" or "Advanced" view though.

I've always used "Advanced", just so I can see everything (*definitly* NOT because I'm an "advanced" tuner!!!).

Do the gen 5 have a Tac module or is it integrated into the pcm. I don't want to modify the DD too much if it does have one. If it is intergrated I don't believe it will brick the pcm like the older ones would.
    1969 nova w/ ls3
    2020 ram hemi
    2009 ALS-V Cadillac
    99 s10 w/ 09 G8 L76 turbo

649 is an unbelievably old version.

also, there is no issue modifying Driver Demand tables on E78 or E92 PCMs.

Advanced Tuner
    No issue on E39 PCMs either. I do know that there were a lot of issues modifying it on the cars that have a separate TAC modue though. Just don't know which cars have it and which don't. I know that the tune file for the vehicle that cp-the-nerd has did have the warning about the TAC module in the Driver Demand table. That warning doesn't exist in my tune file, so I'm assuming that if you see the warning, then you have a TAC module and need to be very cautious about modifying the Driver Demand tables (don't want to see anyone lock-up their ECM trying to do this!).

yeah when i first got hp i wasnt in advanced view. i'm still not but now my tables are.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Higgs Boson View Post
    if you just want to bump throttle response then multiply the DD tables by 1.0652287 at around 25% throttle and up. I don't like to add anything down low or it becomes too jumpy off the line.
    and what is the theory behind increasing the tables by 6.52287% precisely lol.

Quote Originally Posted by ayousef View Post
    and what is the theory behind increasing the tables by 6.52287% precisely lol.
    hey you can do 5 or 7 is you want to but now we're getting crazy!

;-)