Thread: 2003 Vs 2004 BA Ford V8 differences

Advanced Tuner

2003 Vs 2004 BA Ford V8 differences

So as I posted in another thread I was bored today & tried a few things....

Another 1 I did was update a 2003 Falcon V8 Manual from A3KA, to a 2004 Falcon V8 Manual A3KD!

Normal if they start with the first 3 prefixes they are completely interchangeable, but when I did this I lost the speedo which then if it's not getting that can't make certain calculations & eventually goes into LHM!

Just wondering if anyone else has struck this with other models?

I'm guessing it may be when Ford went from speedo signal on the g/box to taking it from the wheel speed sensor & there needs to be an edit in the calibration to choose which signal to use?

Advanced Tuner
    A3KA? Never seen that one. A3KC and A3KD will interchange as they are so similar. The earlier 5.4 manuals were a ABU-221 and not a 251. Something doesn't seem right.....but might just be me as I have avoided the 8's. Did I give you some 5.4 files a few years back?

Advanced Tuner
    Yeah A3KA is a ABU251 it's 1 of the 2 I uploaded in the repository, not sure if you gave me files for the V8's years ago I thought it was mainly turbo 6 files.
    Which I don't think I have a A3KC if you have a stock format of that I wouldn't mind having a look & test it with the speedo, there was only 3 mapped differences with A3KA Vs A3KD but obviously a lot more coding or non mapped changes.

Advanced Tuner
    Ute or sedan? Just stick with the processor code that comes with the vehicle. There is no reason to change. The changes between the Boss 260 calibrations don't warrant sending. I can send you some Boss 290 files if you want....but I'm pretty slow attending to these things as you know haha

Advanced Tuner
    It's a sedan, LMAO about sticking with processor code it came with... you know me I like to push the boundaries of things!

Yeah that would be cool I'll send you a PM of all the files I have got read's of!

Tuner in Training

2003 2004 XR8 -GT 5.4 V8 Base files

Quote Originally Posted by Grant LS1 View Post
    It's a sedan, LMAO about sticking with processor code it came with... you know me I like to push the boundaries of things!

Yeah that would be cool I'll send you a PM of all the files I have got read's of!
    I am also looking for base files for a XR8 BA, is there anything you have available I would really like the BA GT one to see what the differences are if any.
    Cheers
    Thanks in Advance.
    [email protected]
    Mat Boonen

Advanced Tuner
    My mate recently purchased an 04 ba gtp. Will pull the stock tune and post it when I get a chance

Potential Tuner
    Hey fellas, sorry about butting in, but I've done a T6060 conversion to my 04 GT and cruise control wont work in 6th gear. Can I update the computer to recognise the extra gear? How do I do this?

p.s. The conversion used all factory wiring harness.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by hiddeous View Post
    My mate recently purchased an 04 ba gtp. Will pull the stock tune and post it when I get a chance
    Did you? I'd be keen for a copy please.
    2004 XR8 Ford Falcon Utility
    5.4 L DOHC
    5-speed Manual