Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: just bought a lb7 and looking for tune help

Quote Originally Posted by badbowtie View Post
    So you are using my economy tow tune and having great results?

I am still running that tune and have towed about 1500 miles with loads from 5k-15k with no problems at all.
    I sure wish there was some more guys sharing lb7 tunes around here to look at and compare.
    I hear you! Yes I am still running your same tune from when I replied first. Now I've also towed up to about a 5k boat for 1,500 miles or so. Plus many other shorter trips pulling boats around.

No issues from the tune whatsoever. Thanks for posting it!
    03' Duramax CC/SB.

Potential Tuner
    Im going to see if i can copy with my hptuner the hypertech 1 and 2 program I have on my LB7 and I may load in your econ tune to see how it compares as well. I just Joined today.

Potential Tuner

DSP5 option

Just so you know if you are using HP Tuners to tune your Duramax, the Edge Insight PRO will work as an equivalent to the DPS5 offered by EFI Live. The mistake I made is I got the Insight CTS2 and not the PRO, but Edge offers a software upgrade for $150 if you don't have the pro. Just as a note, and happy hunting .

Tuner in Training
    I know I'm late to the thread but wanna thank you guys for helping me out. This thread has been a big help

Potential Tuner l3thal_mechanic's Avatar
    I am going to play with some of the tunes posted and update on mileage. I am probably going to alter the 77 HP tune and combine it with the lockup tune. Thank you for the info on the Edge Pro!!!

Potential Tuner l3thal_mechanic's Avatar
    UPDATE: I reworked some of the number of the 77 HP Hypertech tune and the lockup tune and so far, I'm very impressed with the results. I might play with my shift points a little to kind of dial in the shifts, but overall, I give it 4 out of 5.
    - I'm very excited at the fact that I finally found a good LB7 thread because I was starting to lose hope. This has given me a base starting point on my diesel tuning skill, and I want to thank everyone in this thread for contributing.
    - What I've done with the tune this far: Changed the high RPM fueling (reduced from 154 to about 120)
    - If anyone would like to look at my log I took, that would be amazing.
    Thank you again, guys
    1997 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP
    2003 Silverado 2500HD 6.6L LB7
    General Motors is my life

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by l3thal_mechanic View Post
    UPDATE: I reworked some of the number of the 77 HP Hypertech tune and the lockup tune and so far, I'm very impressed with the results. I might play with my shift points a little to kind of dial in the shifts, but overall, I give it 4 out of 5.
    - I'm very excited at the fact that I finally found a good LB7 thread because I was starting to lose hope. This has given me a base starting point on my diesel tuning skill, and I want to thank everyone in this thread for contributing.
    - What I've done with the tune this far: Changed the high RPM fueling (reduced from 154 to about 120)
    - If anyone would like to look at my log I took, that would be amazing.
    Thank you again, guys
    Can you post the tune? I've been goofing with the Hypertech tune but if you found another way with the lockup I'd like to see.
    Last edited by IvanDeslayer; 03-12-2018 at 08:51 AM. Reason: Spell check wasn't my friend

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Road View Post
    You seem to be adding fuel at idle that may cause concerns. Here is a tune to compare with.
    New to the forum and first time LB7 owner. Is that tune on a stock motor?

I am more familiar with gas tuning but I have a friend who wants me to tune his LB7. Thank you guys for the information in here...it is few and far between for these older duramaxes

ive got a stock trans and built trans dsp5 file for efilive. the built trans tune makes around 425rwhp on the biggest setting. both have been ran in trucks for about 10 years or so now. not sure if they can be switched over to hpt file but could download efilive program and open the files and get an idea
    07 classic

Tuner in Training
    What tune ended up working? Can you post it?

i have a few LB7 tunes you can PM me and i will give you my email so you can email me your stock file
    2003 Ford excursion 6.0 PSD
    No limit intake
    Straight pipe
    Studded
    EGR delete
    KC billet single plane compressor wheel
    Self Tuned
    XDP Regulated return
    RDP Fuel sump
    AEM progressive water meth
    Custom suspension air bags
    8" lift
    35" tires

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by projectlnf View Post
    i have a few LB7 tunes you can PM me and i will give you my email so you can email me your stock file
    I,ll get the tune pulled tomorrow. I?m not sure what tune the guy has in it but he lost the stock one.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRodFather View Post
    I,ll get the tune pulled tomorrow. I?m not sure what tune the guy has in it but he lost the stock one.
    I can get you a factory tune that you can load

Tuner in Training
    I tried to read the truck but it failed so I'm thinking his computer is bad.
    Last edited by TheRodFather; 44 Minutes Ago at 10:52 AM.

Tuner in Training
    I tried to attach the error code but it won?t let me. I can email it to you. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TheRodFather View Post
    I tried to read the truck but it failed so I'm thinking his computer is bad.
    Doesn?t mean it?s bad it might be tuned with efilive and lockedz

You?ll see the GM stuff has seed keys. They might have changed it to keep people out.