Thread: G meter range

G meter range

I found the place where you can change the range (or the max - not sure how that works).

But when you create the video there is just a dot moving in a couple of circles, nothing really useful like "you exceeded 1.0g" when the dot hit the line. The lines need a scale or index or something that tells what "g" the different lines are to be DISPLAYED on the video..

Did I overlook that somewhere?

Thanks.

The meaning of the mark or ring will depend on the range you have selected... If it's a normal 2G plot, then the inner is 1G and the outer is 2G. To create a display that shows the actual number, you could click the "Add" button under the "Display Objects" section, choose "Text Data", and then set the "Field" selection to "(Accel X)" or "(Accel Y)". Typically, 'Y' will be lateral G's and 'X' will be accel/brake G's.

Quote Originally Posted by Weston@HPTuners View Post
    The meaning of the mark or ring will depend on the range you have selected... If it's a normal 2G plot, then the inner is 1G and the outer is 2G. To create a display that shows the actual number, you could click the "Add" button under the "Display Objects" section, choose "Text Data", and then set the "Field" selection to "(Accel X)" or "(Accel Y)". Typically, 'Y' will be lateral G's and 'X' will be accel/brake G's.
    OK thanks, for development I think it would make sense to automatically display a 1g and a 2g next to the rings (or whatever range you select) rather then have extra steps to get it there.

It's sort of like a speedometer with lines but no numbers, & you have to put the numbers there.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by froggy47 View Post
    I found the place where you can change the range (or the max - not sure how that works).

But when you create the video there is just a dot moving in a couple of circles, nothing really useful like "you exceeded 1.0g" when the dot hit the line. The lines need a scale or index or something that tells what "g" the different lines are to be DISPLAYED on the video..

Did I overlook that somewhere?

Thanks.
    I've created an enhanced object that is a simple text box that shows the max/min value as it increases. I can email it to you if you like.

accel_y_box.PNG

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by rmahoney View Post
    I've created an enhanced object that is a simple text box that shows the max/min value as it increases. I can email it to you if you like.

accel_y_box.PNG

Bob
    That's exactly what I am talking about. Might be over my pay grade, do I need to program the code into the app program?

Potential Tuner
    No, all you'd have to do is drop the file into your racerender3/styles directory and then select it in the enhanced object list.

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by rmahoney View Post
    No, all you'd have to do is drop the file into your racerender3/styles directory and then select it in the enhanced object list.

Bob
    Sent you an email.