Thread: 2.25 Scanner Issue

2.25 Scanner Issue

I was working on a 2006 Dodge Ram 1500 5.7 hemi.

I was able to read and flash with the 2.25 Editor. Man is that thing fast.

Anyway I was trying to use the 2.25 scanner, and the 2.25 scanner does not appear to be functioning correctly. I am getting no tach, no speed about the only data I do get is the tps %. Nothing else even shows up.

When I start it and connect to the vehicle it starts fine, connects fine as it returns the correct vehicle make model and vin.

But once I click start scanning all the fields on the grids on the left side disappear.

I was running the scanner 2.25.1972

Just wondering if anyone else has seen this behavior or do I have something configed wrong.

Tuner in Training
    I also had that issue, it sounds like it was addressed in the 2.25 scanner thread.

Try the newest beta last I checked it's at 2.25.1992. I haven't had a chance to check myself and see if the updated beta fixed it, but it states that the .1991 beta fixed it.
    Last edited by blacksaleen9; 05-08-2015 at 12:12 PM.

ill try that

Tuner in Training
    It's been fixed, I've been using the newest beta on an 09 challenger with no problems

Well so far the updated scanner works like a dream. I do have 1 question about WB setup.

I went to add a channel. clicked on the external inputs but there is nothing to select. I tried to do a custom but nothing happens.

How do I addd my WB so I can build a histogram to start tunning the VE tables?

And on another note, the truck when going WOT from a dead start is pretty lazy. I would expect it to just smoke the tires. When it gets out about 30 to 60 ' it does actually start pulling good. I think it needs leaned out some as the 02's were around 900.

So I think I need to take some fuel out using the VE table.

Can anyone point me to a guide to help point me to tuning a dodge?

Senior Tuner
    I don't believe 2.25 has external inputs yet.

Ahh ok, well I can still work with the WB just have to do it manually so no problem there.

Thank you for the input

You seem to be knowledgeable about the dodge stuff.

I have a couple of questions that I hope you can at least point me in the right direction

So on this truck when going from idle to WOT it seems the truck seems to be very lazy, I would like it to be much more responsive and get some stickies on it. I am assuming that I need to do some with the torque management but not exactly sure the best practice to do this. Would you have any input or can you point me in a direction I can read?

Second I am going to pull some fuel from the WOT. I need to know where to start here, I am assuming there is a commanded WOT AFR but don't see where to find it.

Thank You for any help or direction.

On a side note, where are you located at?

What is done to the truck? file?

Tuner in Training
    Damn... too bad the external input from the wideband doesn't work yet. I guess I have some more free time to burn.
    2006 Evo 9 2.2L 8374EFR E85 720awhp - ViPEC
    2014 SRT GC - 6.4L Magnuson TVS2300 6psi 550awhp - HPTuners

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 06300CSRT8 View Post
    I don't believe 2.25 has external inputs yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by jpliss View Post
    Ahh ok, well I can still work with the WB just have to do it manually so no problem there.

Thank you for the input
    Quote Originally Posted by R/TErnie View Post
    Damn... too bad the external input from the wideband doesn't work yet. I guess I have some more free time to burn.
    You guys can still use 2.24 and the SAE PIDs to do your fuel tuning using the AUX inputs. I've posted a couple of configs in past threads that I use often. The Histograms are configured for the CMR table format, but it doesn't take long to reconfigure. You just have to make a user defined PID for Pressure Ratio using the MAP and BARO values. Once fuel is done, switch over to 2.25 to do timing and other things. It works very well if you keep the logged PIDs to a minimum.
    Jaime

uarperformance,

simply has exhaust CAI and that is it so pretty simple at the moment.

Since I am new to the dodge stuff I am taking small steps. I have been able with help here to drastically improve throttle response and disabled the MDS. The truck seems a TAD rich so I have done no fuel tuning yet. I did play with the timing some and it does seem to have made a difference. My biggest complaint is the lack of acceleration from a standing start. It just seems very lazy. You got to WOT from a dead stop and it just sort of rolls out. I would think it should have more and should be able to light the tires with ease. Now once it gets rolling the 1 - 2 shit and 2 - 3 shift are a little lazy and I can see a lot of timing being pulled which makes sense. I just want to try and increase the off idle to WOT power and maybe less timing loss at shift time.

Ill upload the tune I have in it now this evening. Im really looking more for advice and direction but Ill take any help I can get.

Thank You
    Last edited by jpliss; 06-12-2015 at 12:43 PM.

Sorry I have not uploaded the file yet. I will try to get that this evening.

Tuner in Training
    uarperformance,

simply has exhaust CAI and that is it so pretty simple at the moment.

Since I am new to the dodge stuff I am taking small steps. I have been able with help here to drastically improve throttle response and disabled the MDS. The truck seems a TAD rich so I have done no fuel tuning yet. I did play with the timing some and it does seem to have made a difference. My biggest complaint is the lack of acceleration from a standing start. It just seems very lazy. You got to WOT from a dead stop and it just sort of rolls out. I would think it should have more and should be able to light the tires with ease. Now once it gets rolling the 1 - 2 shit and 2 - 3 shift are a little lazy and I can see a lot of timing being pulled which makes sense. I just want to try and increase the off idle to WOT power and maybe less timing loss at shift time.

Ill upload the tune I have in it now this evening. Im really looking more for advice and direction but Ill take any help I can get.

Thank You
    Go to Fuel-General-Power Enrich-FA Power Enrich and reduce the numbers from 2500 or from wherever you want to max rpm. It worked with me, it will reduce the AFR till 12/12.3. There are adders as well they may affect your AFR at wot so look into that as well. Make sure you have WB to monitor the AFR.
    Last edited by DXB_Tuner; 06-17-2015 at 04:06 PM.

Yeah I have a fast dual sensor WB so I can even look at each bank.

Ill get that uploaded this evening, lost my internet last night.

So the hemi's like a 12 to 12.3 NA?

How do they work on the giggle gas? Any recommendations there?
    Last edited by jpliss; 06-18-2015 at 08:56 AM.

Tuner in Training
    For NA you can go even leaner to 12.7/12.8 but it depends on the wearher, monitor your IAT+ECT+timing advance+retard. For me since we are in summer and the outside weather is too hot it reached 50+ C* so i preffer to keep it bit rich to avoid knock and overheat cylinders.
    Last edited by DXB_Tuner; 06-19-2015 at 01:46 PM.

Thank you for the info, Ill have to look at that and see what it likes.

In ohio we don't see those temps so I might be able to get it a bit leaner.

Tuner in Training
    Thank you for the info, Ill have to look at that and see what it likes.

In ohio we don't see those temps so I might be able to get it a bit leaner.
    Any time and good luck

Thank you and don't worry ill probably be back to ask more about these dodges.

Ill have more to paly with this coming weekend if it does nto rain again.

Added the tune and a log.

Just wanted to get some help on the torque management items.

The response and running are good. However from a stop to WTO there is just not a lot of go. It seems to roll out and then pulls ok once it is going.

I would expect this thing to at least break loose the tires.

Thank you fro pointing me in the right direction.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by jpliss; 08-08-2015 at 09:19 PM.

uploaded tunes