Thread: LM2 Scanner Settings

Tuning Addict

LM2 Scanner Settings

Just wondering what everyone was using for their LM2 scanner setups. I've personally tried a few different volts/settings and none seem to be able to get it to read correctly +- 2 of stoichio. I've even tried a few different widebands already in HP's scanner and none work just right. They always read further out the richer it gets vs what's displayed on the control head. Do I need to change some of the internal analog output settings to get it to work right? I've already got the analog output taking data slower to make it read withen 2% of fuel trims.

Any and all input greatly appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Greg
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Tuner in Training
    Sounds like the Analog Output in the LM2 isn't programmed to output 0-5v. I'm assuming you've gone into the LM2 and ensured that you've got the correct AFR to V table setup for your output? If that's correct, and you're still having variances then you'll have to adjust the ground offset.

I just had to reprogram my LM1 for the 0-5v output from the controller, as I was having the same issue you are seeing, once I fixed the output my afrs logged and displayed were spot on.

Tuning Addict
    Just double checked. It's set to afr on output 1 and 0v=7.35 and 5v=22.39. What are you entering into the hptuner scanner settings? OR are you entering in different voltage settings in the tool itself, because I have read where people are changing it to 10min afr and 22max afr to get them to display accurately, but this seems to defeat the purpose in some aspects.
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Tuner in Training
    I've got 0v=10-5v=20afr in the LM1, and then created the LM1 pid with (volts/.5)+10 so I could change the ground offset if I needed, but never had to.

Since you're rarely going to operate on the fringe of 10&20afr, it seems wasteful to have the output extend from the default 0v=7.35-5v=22.39afr since you're just using up resolution for areas you'll never run at, imo.

I actually just purchased an LM2 dual today, and will have that setup this weekend. If you still are having issues I should have more insight once the LM2 is hooked up.

Tuning Addict
    Ok so 10 at 0 then 20 at 5 and use .5 + 10. The next one I have it on, I'll try that and see how it goes.
    Thanks