Thread: Ecotec 2.4 LEA tuning - possible with HP Tuners?

Potential Tuner

Ecotec 2.4 LEA tuning - possible with HP Tuners?

Hi all, not new to the ECU flashing side of things but I can't seem to find any info regarding the tuning of a Ecotec 2.4L LEA engine. I am going to be working with a 2013 GMC Terrain possibly and would like to figure out what I can play with in the ECU and possibly move towards a small turbo setup set for economy improvement not really for the power. So does anyone have any info about the LEA tuning?

Thanks for any info!

Potential Tuner

Smile

Did you find a tune for your terrain?.. I have a 2014 Equinox with a LEA, I'm interested in a tune for it to get some more power

Potential Tuner
    Also interested to see if anybody has played with these. I have a 2012 Equinox and 2017 Terrain that could use some love.

Potential Tuner
    I would also like to know. I have a 2013 LEA 2.4. It's not on the list but 2011 is. What's the deal there? Purchasing the HPT setup is what I would like to do, for other projects also, but not if I can't use it on this one.

You should be able to tune those, finding power and Econ is dependent on the individual vehicle when done properly. Torque management and timing are a few places to start. To be accomplished properly a wideband and the corresponding histograms need established for proper data logging.

Any update? I was able to advanced the timing by a few degrees and threw it 91 octane. Rarely any knocking. I need more power tho