Thread: is my pcm junk?

is my pcm junk?

Ok I'm working on my 2000 gmc sierra with 4l80 segment swap. Been completed and it runs fine. Until last night. I was working on making the speedo accurate and tried to write and came up with the message "unlocker failed". Now the truck cranks but no start. Any thoughts?
    Dan
    00 sierra. 370, 6 speed, and a little turbo
    03 sierra -stock

Update. When I hit the write button it says "controller unlocker: timed out". Still can't write anything to the vehicle.

I am using the Beta 2.25 and have tried removing it and reinstalling.

Anyone? I cannot read the vehicle,write the vehicle or even start it? I'm stumped
    00 sierra. 370, 6 speed, and a little turbo
    03 sierra -stock

Tuner in Training
    Try disconnecting the battery and pull the ecm fuse and let it set for a few minutes.

Tuner in Training
    Did this get sorted out? I'm stuck in the same boat.

Advanced Tuner
    I had the same problem. disconnecting the truck battery allowed the truck to restart. (Had exactly the same symptoms)

The problem that caused it was that I was opening the program from a shortcut. The program needs to open from the original installed program folder

Tuner
    before you go assuming pcm is bad and buy another one id try what was said above disconnect battery I would give it atleast 15 minutes hooking it back up if not more. Also I would get your battery checked before buying a pcm bad batteries can do numbers of electrical issues causing scan tools not to communicate etc

Tuner in Training
    Support was able to send me a recovery file and get me back on track.