Thread: N/A XR6 Tuning - 2 Bar Map sensor

N/A XR6 Tuning - 2 Bar Map sensor

Hello everyone,

Kinda new here so Im sorry if my questions are very basic. I did go through most posts and couldn't find the answers Im looking for.

Im looking to put a turbo on an XR6 and wanted to know if the OEM N/A Ecu can have turbo logic enabled (I mean running boost) with a different TMAP sensor?

Could I use the turbo MAP sensor?

Has anyone tuned an N/A XR6 here? Is there any fundamental difference? The ECU is pretty much the same isn't it? Does it change on different model cars BA/ BF / FG?

If the ECU is the same, and its only maybe missing some wiring maybe its possible to flash a stock turbo map into it...

Thank you in advance,
    Paulo

Advanced Tuner
    Paulo,
    Turbo logic won't work on an NA PCM as it will look for the Boost pressure sensor (and the NA Pm doesn't have the third connector for boost control) You'll need to edit the load axis on the fuel and spark tables to reflect the higher load from boost. Just click on the axis and you will be able to edit the load points and then use the turbo Tmap.

You'll need to run and external boost controller. I'd recommend an Eboost2 with and tach driver providing and RPM input so you can map set points against rpm
    04 Velocity MKII M6 & 06 BF F6 555 ZF6

Quote Originally Posted by hiddeous View Post
    Paulo,
    Turbo logic won't work on an NA PCM as it will look for the Boost pressure sensor (and the NA Pm doesn't have the third connector for boost control) You'll need to edit the load axis on the fuel and spark tables to reflect the higher load from boost. Just click on the axis and you will be able to edit the load points and then use the turbo Tmap.

You'll need to run and external boost controller. I'd recommend an Eboost2 with and tach driver providing and RPM input so you can map set points against rpm
    Thanks a lot.

Seems pretty straight forward...So basically switch the Tmap for the turbo one and edit the load axis on the hp tuners software? Couldn't be much easier really. No need to recalibrate anything on Hptuners other than the load tabels? How will it recognise the new map sensor calibration?

Yes I've heard good reviews on the Eboost2 but I will probably run the lowest pressure possible (spring) to start with and go from there.

Many thanks!
    Paulo

Hi just wondering how you went with the Na to turbo conversion regarding map settings?

Tuner in Training
    You'll need to enable turbo logic, change load tables as stated. Change the wiring to suit a tmap sensor, or buy the adaptor harness. You'll need to adjust the speed density tables as well, fuel base, idle airflow tables and dashpot settings. Knock sensitivity is different between turbo and non turbo so best to copy a turbo settings over. Cam angle settings need to be adjusted I think as I know there's different settings between the two.

Tuner in Training
    Don't forget to change the fuel pressure regulator as non turbo is only 3 bar by memory