Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Slack dog tune

Advanced Tuner
    I was working from some US Mustang tunes and they followed the ID data although not exactly. I don't have access to Australian ID1300 tunes but trust what you are implying. At least with these injectors you can dial in the low slope pretty quickly.

Here is an interesting one, two cars with Siemens Deka 60s, great fuel trims and AFR matching commanded.

With Ford Motorsport Offset:

Low Slope of ~61lb/hr, High Slope of ~65lb/hr

With Ford XR6 standard Offset:

Low Slope ~110, High Slope ~70lb/hr

Car 1 had slightly superior fuel control. As I have learnt, Offset plays a big part in this.

I have also found that the values can be calculated with info logged with SCT and a good AFR gauge located pre cat. When you do the maths on injector pulse width you start to see how this works.

My LPG injectors are a bit like the values in the US ID1300s with a low slope of just under 59, high of 62 and a breakpoint of about 4ms (using the SCT logged data). When I put them on my mechanics flow bench they came out very close to these values. When they are this close you can get away with quite a few values. Will be interesting to see what happens when I remove the other restriction on Thursday.

Good Discussion...

Thank's

Advanced Tuner
    Offset it just as important as lo and hi slope. Retaining ford offsets is lazy and shows the tuner does not know what he is doing. Throw out the injector data out and dial it in by logical tuning principles. It is a little time consuming and a juggling act between offset and lo slope but it will get you a nicely driving falcon.
    Nizpro used ford offsets in their drilled injector. Crazy, car ran like crap, shit cold starts. With my derived data drives like a dream. Cold starts are perfect.

Tuner in Training
    How much more spark are you dialling in when running E85, say on 15psi boost, compared to running 98 octane fuel?

E85 can support up to 7 degrees of timing over 98 but I won't go on about timing AGAIN ....
    FG F6 400+RWKW .....10.9 @ 132mph.... FIRST 10sec F6 in SA ( sold )
    DYNO DYNAMICS 1200hp ...... Tuning weapon..... ( sold )
    OFFICIAL JONNY TIG INDUSTRIES SUPPLIER ..... Biggest and lightest intercoolers for B and F falcons
    SUBARU BRZ ......AVO TURBO KIT coming......soon
    VF R8 CLUBSPORT SV...... 340FWKW.....ASE BIG SINGLE KIT .....one day

Advanced Tuner
    I wouldn't go by US tunes, such a different kettle of fish tuning MAF compared to Aussie SD. Every ID1300 tune I have seen ends up with a lower high slope. You would need to raise the offset significantly over what's recommended to see a lower low slope over the high.

Deka's, I use a LS around 90 lb and an offset using the calibration summary scaled upto ~ 0.872 ms @ 14v (FG slightly different). On a B series @ stock stoich then take a total PW ~ 1.6ms at idle. Nizpro 72 lb are around ~2.0 ms and I use a batt offset a fair bit higher than stock, given that the fuel adder needs to be much higher during the deadtime when you enlarge the director plate.

If I zero the lambda correction table, I redo the entire BKT and MBT tables to look more like a map in a Haltech/Motec etc. I don't just change the timing above 100% cylinder fill. Different points of the map have different amounts of timing over a 98 tune. At 15 psi, it's pretty easy on a dyno to work out where the engine stops gaining...the stock MBT table is usually a pretty reasonable indication, providing you account for the modifiers.

Tuner in Training
    I've reached the limit of the stock fuel pump on E85, AFR's are leaning off over 4500rpm @ 15psi boost. I'm now waiting for the surge tank and pump to arrive, then all the parts will be fitted up and retuned next week.

hi guys, on the subject of injector scalers, I asked the question on here for 80s data and someone posted this charts, just looking back wondered if it was the correct data, ive got some green 42s I think they are in a terry I'm trying to work out the scaling and looking back at the other tables for the 80s a bit confused, I circled in red the bits that dont make sense.

Last edited by orangeute338; 10-07-2016 at 05:12 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    I can't enlarge the pics to see figures

Advanced Tuner
    The pictures are screenshots and can't be read.