Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: This will help make sense of the Mapped Points on the newer Fords...

Quote Originally Posted by caniggia View Post
    I've seen several times locked runners sold. Can anybody explain me why people do that? Wht it gives if runners are still there?
    They can be "sucked in" to close position under boost even when fully deactivated - that can be a problem with turbos and centrifugal superchargers.

Finally working on that Procharger?

Yes, no such issues on procharger, drives fine.
    Eastern and Central Europe American Muscle and Harley-Davidson tuning
    www.hd-customs.pl
    http://www.facebook.com/hdcustomspl

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by veeefour View Post
    They can be "sucked in" to close position under boost even when fully deactivated - that can be a problem with turbos and centrifugal superchargers.

Finally working on that Procharger?
    I always see this on higher boost 2015-2017 Coyotes, so we lock them. I haven't seen an issue with base kit prochargers under 13 psi though
    2009.5 PBM G8 GXP M6 W/Roof-Self tune, OBX LTs, Kooks axleback, LSA blower, cam,
    Monster LT1-SC clutch, flex fuel, 12 psi [email protected] 1,800 D.A
    2007 TBSS-Self tune, bolt ons [email protected], 1,900 D.A
    1991 GMC Syclone- Self tune/catback 12.8@104, 4,200ft D.A

Quote Originally Posted by STAGEUP View Post
    I always see this on higher boost 2015-2017 Coyotes, so we lock them. I haven't seen an issue with base kit prochargers under 13 psi though
    Yup, it's only "bic boi powah" problem. He's working on base setup procharger AFIK so not really an issue for him.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven@HPTuners View Post
    Old post but this picture should be stickied.

I'm going to do a mega log viewer scatter plot of intake vs exhaust cam angle with the Z axis being the driving mode. Should make for an interesting graph to overlay with this drawing above.

I think once you can visualise the system like this picture it makes everything much simpler to understand.

Advanced Tuner
    Ok I grabbed a lot of WOT + cruise from a 2015 manual and plotted it in mega log viewer. Z axis is VCT schedule in plot 1 and rpm in plot 2. It was lacking many data points for WOT but it helps illustrate the image drawn by Steven earlier.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by rolls; 03-10-2020 at 09:49 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    A lot of people don't understand and end up making the learning process more difficult which makes tuning based of datalogs difficult. People can tune a car to drive and create a final tune but when logged and reviewed correctly, its full of errors they don't know how to solve.

I wrote a thread to try to help everyone understand what mapped points purpose are and how they work. This is the brain behind TiVCT, TiVCT is the reason we have mapped points.
    https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...ce-Tables-Work

You can learn this good enough to where you can free up a lot of parameters in your datalogs
    Logging the mapped point weights is not a requirement to tune these.

S550s will not weigh or use any of the OP mapped points. OP thresholds and angle are all active. But the "Optimum Power" borderline, MBT, etc. tables will not be used.

OP is mp 14 - 26.
    0 - 7 are your cruising mapped points.

8 - 19 are blending mapped points. Blending is when your weights are scattered through several mp. These tables blend during the transition into "OP'

20 - 25 are the main "OP" tables.

I prefer to lock the imrcs on 15-17 when swapping an 18 manifold or boosting.
    Every one has their own way to disabling this in the tune and most people skip important steps, imo. Most people disable 0 - 13, i do too.
    People skip the fact that 14-19 are now their cruising mp and they need to be assigned correctly in all tables. If you want stock or better drivability, more changes should be made. Drivability issues are common when going this route without the proper adjustments. You were using 7 mp for cruising before, now you only have 6 mp for cruising and imrc closed does not have the same cam angles as imrc open.
    You have to tune for stock or better. You can tune it so the cams function just like stock.

Advanced Tuner
    In case anyone is interested here is a 2018 HDFX plot showing the different mapped points. This might help some people out. It very different to the 2015s and far more mapped points are used.

Last edited by rolls; 06-06-2020 at 08:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by murfie View Post
    I just wanted to add some info to my points plot. Basically the two major things you want to keep in mind are the stroke that happen when valves are closed and cylinder pressure is raising. One is decided by intake restriction and the other is exhaust restriction. I also wanted to show how far away the borderline overlap is from the points actually being used.

Attachment 72836
    What software or web page ore you using to create this graph?
    www.hd-customs.pl

What software or web page ore you using to create this graph?
    excel...lmao

It's not excel lmao, but I found it

It's not excel lmao, but I found it
    it is an excel dumdum but opened in a browser via google docs ROTFL

And I'm glad you've been able to find whatever you were looking for...

Yes, i found this "Excel", Murfie posted link in some other post. Just had to much dimmed screen to see this.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by caniggia; 11-23-2021 at 05:55 AM.
    www.hd-customs.pl

Potential Tuner
    This video sounds s showing private anyway I could access?

Eric Brooks the video you posted on page #1 would be good to see if it was available again?

Quote Originally Posted by b00sty View Post
    Eric Brooks the video you posted on page #1 would be good to see if it was available again?
    Fixed
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Quote Originally Posted by Eric@HPTuners View Post
    Fixed
    Hey Eric,

Have you guys got the stock files for the mk4 Focus ST EU?

Also, are you still in the progress of adding all the burble control and active exhaust tables for the 2018 EU Fiesta 1.5T ecoboost?

Tuner in Training
    subbed

Tuner in Training
    I am starting to tune a 6.2 f250. The PID is not there for the Mapped Point Weights for this truck. Is there a way to add them?