Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Off Board Programming 2010+ E38 with SPS

Potential Tuner
    HAVE YOU EVER PROGRAMMED WITH SPS And got locked by editor? I am having that issue

Advanced Tuner
    I do it all the time and have never had an issue. Tuned 5 today, granted they were all gen3's, but I've done other years with no issue. Did a 08 Yukon 6.2 on the dyno Saturday, where I flashed it first then tuned it. All were swaps.

So either you bricked the ecm by using an incompatible year, or something is wrong with your obd2 port

Potential Tuner
    Hi Guys,

I am new here and I really need and appreciate your help. GM has disabled my account twice for on-bench (off-board) programming. Is there anyway to prevent this to happen for the 3rd time? It's really frustrating and costly. Thanks in advance.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by GM77091 View Post
    Hi Guys,

I am new here and I really need and appreciate your help. GM has disabled my account twice for on-bench (off-board) programming. Is there anyway to prevent this to happen for the 3rd time? It's really frustrating and costly. Thanks in advance.
    I just got a new account last week that I paid for a year of unlimited for, and plan to do alot of on-bench programming. That makes me really nervous. I can re-flash every vehicle that comes through the shop to help even out the numbers.

Tuner
    Bringing this thread back:

I tried to flash a brand new E38 with a 2010 camaro calibration today using efi connection newest bench harness and a cardaq-2 and received M6413: Off-board Programming Detected and will not allow me to continue. I ended up putting ecm in a vehicle to flash it and it worked fine.

Bringing this back from the dead again!

I have figured out the issue with the off board programming error message. The reason why efi connections harness works is because they include the low speed gmlan circuit, and it only goes to the bcm in an off board function. Goes from terminal 1 at the dlc to terminal x3-10 on the bcm. I was Just able to successfully program a 12 escalade file into an e38

1996 Camaro Z/28 M6 LT1 touched by the LS1
    2011 Sierra 4X4 6.2L Header, CAI, LS7 Cam

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by reddevil96 View Post

I have figured out the issue with the off board programming error message. The reason why efi connections harness works is because they include the low speed gmlan circuit, and it only goes to the bcm in an off board function. Goes from terminal 1 at the dlc to terminal x3-10 on the bcm. I was Just able to successfully program a 12 escalade file into an e38
    So, are you saying that, with the bench-force setup (EFI Connection), if you want to bench program an E38 using SPS and a Mongoose cable, you need a splitter and a BCM connected as well? Or were you able to get it to program using just the ECM?

Tuner in Training JBMRACING0105's Avatar
    I have a E38 2013 Silverado PCM I am trying to change to a 2015 Camaro PCM. I am using a MDI2 with ACDelco SPS and it keeps giving me an error of "Off Board Programming". I have a Benchforce power block and a 2013 Camaro BCM hooked in the circuit along with the E38 PCM.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advanced.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by reddevil96 View Post

Did you have to power up the BCM? Or just have the serial data wire hooked up? I'm trying to do this exact thing, getting the off board error. I have the BCM in now and the harness made. What about the BUS in the BCM, does it need to be hooked up as well? 2012 E38 trying to go to 2010 factory file to get the trans to work.

Tuner in Training JBMRACING0105's Avatar
    The BCM needs to be powered up with constant battery and ignition voltage, BUS working, and GMLAN Serial data.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by JBMRACING0105 View Post
    The BCM needs to be powered up with constant battery and ignition voltage, BUS working, and GMLAN Serial data.
    Do you have the pinouts for the BCM you used and got it to work?

I have 12v B to White: 2, 3, 4
    12v IGN to Green 6
    Can +/-
    Low Speed bus Blue 22
    Ground White 1

Not sure if I don't have the BCM powered up correctly or there is an issue with my SPS setup....stumped...

Quote Originally Posted by AMPPPerf View Post
    Did you have to power up the BCM? Or just have the serial data wire hooked up? I'm trying to do this exact thing, getting the off board error. I have the BCM in now and the harness made. What about the BUS in the BCM, does it need to be hooked up as well? 2012 E38 trying to go to 2010 factory file to get the trans to work.
    Usually the GM system will not allow changing the VIN on Global A programmed ECM's.
    -Greg
    2009 Maverick Silver G8 GXP M6 - 586hp
    Engine Mods: TVS 2300 Magnacharger ARH 1 7/8" long tubes with catted x-pipe
    Drivetrain Mods: Ram Dual Disc Clutch
    Suspension Mods: Pedders/Wretched basic drag pack - BMR trailing arms
    Misc Mods: Jamesbiz Catch can - GRRRR8 Heater hose relo kit

Tuner in Training
    TTT old thread but still revisiting this issue.

WHO has gotten around this and what specifically has worked ?

And specific 07 up BCM bench harness wiring ? thought i had it but shuts down after a bit

I have messed with the things suggested above previously, and yet again, still not working

Tuner in Training
    Post #66 has The info that you need

(The reason why efi connections harness works is because they include the low speed gmlan circuit, and it only goes to the bcm in an off board function. Goes from terminal 1 at the dlc to terminal x3-10 on the bcm. I was Just able to successfully program a 12 escalade file into an e38)

This was how I got around the off board Programming on a 2010 E38 Pin 1 on The DLC low speed gmlan circuit to the BCM is what it took

Potential Tuner
    hi am stuck at this off board programming prompt cant get past it i tried to add a bcm to my homemade bench cable but no luck yet the bcm am using is from a 2011 1.4L chevy cruze
    added 12v to comm enable on bcm
    connected acc wakeup serial from bcm to ecm
    apart from all the other wiring i use kindly if any one can advise will highly appreciate

Potential Tuner
    finally done

Quote Originally Posted by MichieMax View Post
    finally done

Great post ... very helpful to the next person trying to figure this out.

Tuner in Training
    MichieMax, would you mind sharing what you did to successfully program the ECM.

Tuner in Training
    Anyone try this with a C6 vette tune and BCM ?

Doesnt matter what the BCM is, doesn't even have to be programmed to any one vehicle. BCM need to power up with CAN in a loop through the BCM and low speed to dlc.

1996 Camaro Z/28 M6 LT1 touched by the LS1
    2011 Sierra 4X4 6.2L Header, CAI, LS7 Cam