Thread: 02 ls1 long tube headers

Potential Tuner

02 ls1 long tube headers

i am just getting started tuning and i beleave i need to tell my ecm that i moved o2 sensors back where on my hp tuner can i find that data that needs changed

I just installed some long tube headers (cat delete) and the sensor wiring on car was too short to connect. But the location of the orginal rear o2 was perfect match. So i swapped the pins in ecm connector front to rear. Not sure if thats how the pros do it....

Quote Originally Posted by ifixkars View Post
    i am just getting started tuning and i beleave i need to tell my ecm that i moved o2 sensors back where on my hp tuner can i find that data that needs changed
    Do you mean how to delete the rear O2's? Also most setups you need to delete some of the "activity" DTC's for the primaries as well. You simply go to Engine Diagnsotic>DTC and no report the ones you want to remove.

Ed M
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]

Potential Tuner
    no I am talking about in the tuning my o2 and fuel trim data seems to keep going rich then lean like its not reading the fuel correction when it is made then it needs to make another correction I have a hp tuner and just want to know what perameters hp calls it

Senior Tuner
    You've installed long tube headers, you no longer can trust or use fuel trims at idle(my opinion, some agree, some don't). There will not be enough pressure or heat to properly make your O2 switch. Open Loop tune the idle, and even OL do not trust your WB, it will also be pretty useless at idle. Your tuning by feel and sound now. The only useful info your going to get for tuning idle is MAP really. With MAP you'll be able to pin point your timing cells at idle and work a nice idle into your tune. Your ass dyno, IMO, is the only way to tune Long Tube headers for idle. The only shot you have at getting a idle that doesn't make your O2s swing too much is to try a higher RPM at idle or run extremely low timing to generate some heat to get the O2's hot and happy if you catch my meaning. IF you search long tube header in this, the Gen 3 forum, or on LS1 Tech tuning section, you'll find plenty to read on this subject. You can trust the RAF table as well. Once you have timing and RPM set, make sure you perform the Base Air Tuning laid out by Russ K. Any adjustment to timing or commanded RPM at idle you must go back and tune this table.
    Last edited by MMGT1; 05-24-2015 at 07:28 PM.
    2000 Trans Am WS6