Thread: e38 standalone no spark nor injector pulsewidth

Advanced Tuner

e38 standalone no spark nor injector pulsewidth

greetings

Truck came to the shop, e38 standalone wiring... show no no spark nor injector pulsewidth
    Think it was the VATS, tried another ECM from a swap that works and it doenot start.

Do you have any idea what should I look for on the wiring?

Thanks for your help

It could be a lot of things but I would check that all the earth wires have a good connection and the block has a good earth strap.

or

It could be the ignition key setup - You need resistors and relay to simulate the modern GM ignition switch or just use a modern GM ignition switch. (when using a BCM)

That's just two of the things I came across when I did mine.
    Last edited by sPeeDau; 05-19-2015 at 08:31 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    i get rpm, maf anf map signals. no injector duty or spark to the plugs. tried gorunding starter relay outout

Some people say the way my wiring is done causes voltaje to drop and ECM thinks is not on "starting cycle"

Tuner in Training
    How do you have the injector power and coil power wired? I just did a standalone harness for an E38, and the coil an injectors seemed to be on the same ignition power circuit for each side of the engine. So the odd coils and injectors are all powered off the same circuit, and the even are off another. I've seen people put all injectors on one fuse/circuit with other ecms, but with these being split, I kept mine on separate circuits. Not sure if this helps.

Potential Tuner
    Any resolution to this ?