Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: When will the logging feature be enabled?

Advanced Tuner

When will the logging feature be enabled?

When will the logging feature be enabled? Why is it not turned on now?

Thanks
    www.outlawpontiacdragseries.com
    Come race with us in MA, PA, and VA!

2005 GTO A4 - Spintech X-pipe with Powerstick mufflers, IAT relocate, Volant, !scoops, !cowlgasket, !skid plate, LM-1, HPT2.0/MPVI Pro USB, 275x40x17 Nitto DR, rolled fenders, Pedders 2985 springs, Britax baby seat with 5 point harness.
    Stock:13.36@104
    Mods in sig:[email protected]

AFAIK they are busy with it right now.
    As to a time & date: support at hptuners dot com
    Always Support Our Troops!

Advanced Tuner
    Any update on this?

2005 GTO A4 - Spintech X-pipe with Powerstick mufflers, IAT relocate, Volant, !scoops, !cowlgasket, !skid plate, LM-1, HPT2.0/MPVI Pro USB, 275x40x17 Nitto DR, rolled fenders, Pedders 2985 springs, Britax baby seat with 5 point harness.

Advanced Tuner
    Any update? It would be great if I didn't have to lug my laptop to the track.

You will still need the laptop to "look" at the data naturally. Just won't have to take it on a "run".

EC

Advanced Tuner
    I bought this because it could do black box logging. Everyone made it sound like it was done and in there and they just need to turn it on with a patch. What exactly are we waiting for? Is it a legal issue. Can Chris comment please?

It will be a firmware update AFIK along with a software update.

EC

Advanced Tuner
    When?

We currently have this scheduled for 2.1.12 which is around the end of next month. There's no legal issue just testing, testing and more testing...

Chris...
    I count sheep in hex...

Advanced Tuner
    i cant wait!! My damn laptop only runs for about 80 minutes on the battery. When your trying to get good logs it sucks!

Quote Originally Posted by ninobrn99
    i cant wait!! My damn laptop only runs for about 80 minutes on the battery. When your trying to get good logs it sucks!
    i know the feeling lol
    Sulski Performance Tuning
    2000 WS6 M6 - LS6 (long block, refreshed top end), 10.8:1 CR, 90 mm ported FAST, Exo-Skel, 227/232 cam, QTP HVMC, EWP, GMMG, 9" w/4.11s
    2018 Sierra SLT 5.3L A8 - Airaid intake tube, GM Borla catback, L86 Intake/Ported TB

Quote Originally Posted by ninobrn99
    Why don't you buy one of those AC/Dc convertors at Radio Shack and run it all day long? I do this for my laptop and my video camera and it works great.

Quote Originally Posted by Nithros
    Why don't you buy one of those AC/Dc convertors at Radio Shack and run it all day long? I do this for my laptop and my video camera and it works great.
    how much does it cost?
    2000 WS6 M6 - LS6 (long block, refreshed top end), 10.8:1 CR, 90 mm ported FAST, Exo-Skel, 227/232 cam, QTP HVMC, EWP, GMMG, 9" w/4.11s
    2018 Sierra SLT 5.3L A8 - Airaid intake tube, GM Borla catback, L86 Intake/Ported TB

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by ws6firebirdta00
    how much does it cost?

anywhere from 30 bux up... I have a nice belkin that I got from bestbuy that does the job

Check the power requirements of your laptop... if you have a really heavy duty laptop, you need a heavy duty power inverter (found this out the hardway lol... 30 mins of charging Keiths laptop in his car... go to grab my inverter... gave me a little stigmata heh ... it was the day before easter too! )
    Mike Horist
    00 WS6 (TA) | 04 WS6 (GTP Comp G)
    Mike \\#at&\\ horist \\&dot$\\com

BOTH cars HP Tuners Tuned

Advanced Tuner
    last time I bought a converter from Radio Shack, it fried 3 of my laptops...remember when I told you about that shit happening to me Mike? It sucked ass!!

haha yeah thats right

Advanced Tuner
    not something i wanna go through again

I have 5 different Fry's electronics within 60 minutes driving time. They have em all... If you're mounting the laptop on a ram mount or jotto desk, get a 700+ watt inverter permanently mounted. If you're a tuner (I am) get a 150-200 watt unit. Put a cooling fan on the POS if it doesn't have one already.

EC

They are right about getting a good one. The one I got at Radio Shack is a 140 watt (continuous) and it has a fan in it. I think my laptop takes 70 watts. I've used mine on two different laptops and two different cars for over two years with no problems. If you're worried about it frying your laptop, take your power strip with you and use it.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    i bought mine through some wholesale company ~6 years ago for $20 and havent had a problem over the 3 laptops I've owned since then.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"