Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any Sct Tune files on a 3.5 Ecoboost F150?

Quote Originally Posted by chiefton View Post
    It is....You are assuming that the person that wrote the canned SCT tune knew what they were doing...I can tell you they did not.

What's up with the people here asking for SCT tunes lol? What a weird sleezy crew lol
    I can second that, the site canned tunes were crap all around.

The SCT value file settings for the SHO made the transmission shift a bit faster and better (faster TCC lockup).

Advanced Tuner
    Could you use this on a truck with stock air intake ?

Potential Tuner
    I used this tune in a stock 2014 F150 EB with 87 oct and it was great, no issues, faster shifts, under WOT conditions the truck holds gears and power to 6000 RPM's. Then I changed Max Torque in Torque Limit vs RPM (table 2843) to 1.5 times the base values, and changed Torque Management Driver Demand Desired Torque Normal Engine (table 33008) to 1.5 times the base values. This gave me excellent throttle response and didn't effect mileage. I went further and changed 33008 to 2 times the base values. This gave me amazing throttle response and a very aggressive hole shot, but I started losing some mileage.

Potential Tuner

Lightbulb Created a Decent Tune

Here's my tune for 2013 F-150 Lariat with the 3.5L EcoBoost. The only issue I have with it is getting the boost set right. I'm trying to get to 17 PSI boost at WOT, but the BOV keeps opening when I slam the pedal, reducing the boost to about 14 PSI. Can anyone take a look at it and tell me what I'm missing? I'm trying to keep the AFR close to the stock 14.08 in order to save fuel (even though I only run 93 octane).

Anyway, I would need to point out a few things for this tune. First, READ the info on it. I put in a lot of aftermarket parts. 2nd, I stopped documenting my changes and reverted to using the change log.

So, most of the tune is me, but I did borrow a few things here and there. The initial take-off is pretty good...maybe a 1/4-second or so hesitation (probably due to the turbos not being spun up). The transmission slips are fairly quick, but it doesn't kick too hard. Fuel pressure is increased in some areas, so you would see a higher than the 432 PSI stock pressure. I didn't screw around with the spark & cam timing too much...in fact I don't think I touched the stock CAM timing at all.

I changed the turbo parameters based on a 23LB/min turbo using the calculator. I also slightly increased the intake effective area since the BBK is about 3mm bigger than stock. Torque is also increased in certain areas.

VSS is set to about 150-160. I maxed the turbo flange temps since they are an aftermarket replacement (slightly better than stock). The P0605 DTC code is disabled...should allow faster uploading to the ECU/PCM.

So, you can use this if you want (at your own risk, of course). But I'd really like to get someone's opinion on it and also how to get the boost up another few PSI.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Mistic67; 07-01-2020 at 06:40 PM.

Potential Tuner
    Ok, so to try and keep air pressure, I made a couple of changes to the BOV. I dropped close hysteresis to -5 and changed the minimum closed time to 6 seconds. This does help a bit. The only issue is now at WOT, when I sense the BOV stuck open, I let off the gas just long enough for it to close, then hit the gas again. This now keeps the pressure and I'm seeing the acceleration I'm looking for. So, with this tune, if I do performance driving, I'm getting rough 11-12 MPG. If I drive it regular, I can get 14 MPG or better. I took a decent drive to PA (a little over an hour each way). My eco read-out was doing nearly 16 MPG. But, any time someone p'd me off, I'd give it the gas and smoke that person.

Are you sure the BOV is actually being commanded open? I mean if you have the settings set to where it shouldn't be, but is still opening when the boost comes on, there's an issue with the BOV.

I have replaced many of them on stock vehicles where the spring is worn out and they do not hold even at stock boost levels, setting the underboost code on a stock truck. I check by simply disconnecting the recirculation tube, disconnecting the electrical connector to the BOV, then having an assistant two foot the truck in 3rd gear and build boost, usually the bov will open and blow off all the boost. Replace the valve and good to go.
    '17 Whipple'd S550
    Too many other projects to list.....see my YouTube channel for more: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCr7...-XfDG53sCh6tcw

Potential Tuner
    Thanks for the feedback @96gt4.6. So, I am using a mechanical BOV, but MFR says you can make the adjustments in the tune. Funny thing is I set min close time to 6 seconds and that seems to work. But, back to the mechanics. I'm actually thinking about adjusting the throttle body minimum close angle. Right now, it's set to 0.0625 degrees. If I set the minimum to be cracked a little more, that should give a little more pressure at the intake, thus reducing the difference in pressure between the charge pipe and intake, allowing the BOV to close sooner. I'm thinking of changing the min angle to 1-1.5 degrees. What do you think?

Potential Tuner
    So I installed an updated custom tune from MPT. I am definitely doing something wrong. The BOV doesn't release pressure as it does in my tune. I'm wondering if it has to do with the tip-in management. I have tip-in enabled. But, I think the MPT tune has it disabled. Any thoughts?

Here is a 2011 Ford F150 3.5 Ecoboost SCT 93 octane with cold air intake and cooling fan modifications

do you have one for 2018-19 ^\

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by OVRBST View Post
    Attached is an SCT canned tune for an air-raid intake, 91 octane and no speed limiter. 335whp/358wtq @ 14psi. It's a great starting point. 2014 EcoBoost F150.Attachment 55521
    What would I have to change on this tune for 87 octane? I live in a pretty rural part of arkansas, and higher octane fuel is not readily available.