Thread: How many credits do I need?

Tuner in Training

How many credits do I need?

We have a 2004 F350 with a 6.0. Having issues syncing the cam and crank sensor. We have already ran temp wires and installed new sensors, still to no avail syncing. We are down to FICM or PCM. We have a used PCM from another ford F350 with a calibration on it. First we are concerned about the PATS system not allowing for a start if we just hook up the tester PCM. We can still read the Original PCM. Wanting to pull the calibration off of the original PCM and flash it to the tester PCM and check for functionality if it is not a problem with the FICM. It is my understanding that we cant flash a blank pcm due to no serial numbers but can flash a PCM that already has a calibration on it. Can this be done, I have the Pro MPVI and if so how many credits will this cost? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Tuner in Training judeisnotobscure's Avatar
    I think it's two credits for a single vehicle....
    I know they are different cost wise depending on the vehicle but this thread shows 2 credits for a dodge v8.

Do you happen to have a stock read from a 2004? I'm trying to figure out why my pcm has no vin information in it.

Tuner in Training
    From what I know, you can swap PCMs in these trucks and they don't have trouble with the PATS or just don't have it, I did once swapped PCMs on two chassis cab trucks and both ran without any trouble, I would say try another FICM or check FICM harness, does it buzz all the injectors when you turn the key on?

The f series trucks do not have pats keys only the excursions

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris@DDW View Post
    We have a 2004 F350 with a 6.0. Having issues syncing the cam and crank sensor. We have already ran temp wires and installed new sensors, still to no avail syncing. We are down to FICM or PCM. We have a used PCM from another ford F350 with a calibration on it. First we are concerned about the PATS system not allowing for a start if we just hook up the tester PCM. We can still read the Original PCM. Wanting to pull the calibration off of the original PCM and flash it to the tester PCM and check for functionality if it is not a problem with the FICM. It is my understanding that we cant flash a blank pcm due to no serial numbers but can flash a PCM that already has a calibration on it. Can this be done, I have the Pro MPVI and if so how many credits will this cost? Any info would be greatly appreciated.
    Hey Chris,

Did you ever figure this problem out. I have a friend with an 05 PSD that has been experiencing the same problems as yours. They have put a pcm on the truck as well as everything related to the the high pressure oil system.

Thanks

Sam