Thread: Time Problem when Datas from Sony Action Cam

Potential Tuner

Time Problem when Datas from Sony Action Cam

Hi,

i use a Sony Action Cam. When i import the GPS Log File i dont become the time 00:00 seconds and minutes.

what can i do?

Hi. Please elaborate on what you are experiencing... The Sony Action Cam log format works well with RaceRender for all data samples that I've tested.

If you are attempting to get a timer display on the screen that starts at 00:00, then you would just need to apply some math to adjust the starting value so that the result is zero. Please see these steps below to accomplish this...

Part A: Adding the display

1) Click the "Add" button under the "Display Objects" section, then select the "Timer" type

2) Set "For Data Field" at the top to "Time"

3) Click on the "Lap Timer - With Hours" style

It should now show the time of day on the screen. To adjust this to instead start at zero, continue onto the Parts B & C instructions below...

Part B: Calculating the adjustment amount

1) Seek the preview to the point at which you want it to show zero, and note the time that is displayed

2) Calculate the total number of seconds from these hours, minutes, and seconds. For example, if it displayed 20:29:35.52, you would do the following calculations:
    Code:
    20:29:35.52 = 20 Hours, 29 Minutes, 35.52 Seconds

Hours: 20 hours * 60 = 1200 minutes
    Minutes: (1200 + 29) minutes * 60 = 72740 seconds
    Seconds: (72740 + 35.52) seconds = 73775.52 total seconds
    73775.52 seconds is the result

Part C: Adjusting the data

1) Double-click on your data file under the "Input Files" list to open its configuration screen
    2) Go down to "Calculated Field 1", change the name from "Custom" to "Session Time", and set "Input Field" to use the "Time" data column
    3) Now change its operation to "Subtract", and enter the resulting seconds from Part B in the box to the right. (73775.52 in this example)
    4) Click OK to exit that screen

5) Double-click on your timer display object to open its properties box
    6) Change the "Field" selection to be the new "Session Time" data channel that you just created
    7) Instead of starting at the time of day, it should now appear to start timing at zero (the times displayed before this zero point may be a bit odd, however)

8) If you don't with to show the number of hours, you can change the "Style" setting to one of the other "Lap Timer" styles that only shows minutes and seconds. Make sure that the "Field" setting remains set to the calculated "Session Time" field you had created.