Thread: Bosch 0280158040 worth the agro

Tuner in Training

Bosch 0280158040 worth the agro

Hi guys just wondering if the Bosch 040 injector (1000cc) can be made idle nice in a FG G6e or am i wasting my time . The customer has supplied us with them and im dubious that a 1000cc injector is worth the agro on a basically stock with cooler and pipework car thats daily driven . Thoughts are welcome
    im sure i will be able to get them close but has anyone got them "nice"
    Cheers

Tuner in Training
    Hi, on a stocker no major mods no boost increase a waste of time YES. Bosch 040 injector 1000 cc/min = 95.2 lbs/hris is a lot of fuel for standard setup.

Have a read of this thread - BY JETURBO " Fgt bang for buck "

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...-bang-for-buck

Good luck.

cheers
    Last edited by FPV_GTp; 05-27-2015 at 02:37 AM. Reason: typo LOL

Always pick an injector closest to it's intended application but we all know this ....

a 1000cc new model injector can be tuned to very close to factory characteristics with the correct scalers and have done many times

Get logging big fella
    FG F6 400+RWKW .....10.9 @ 132mph.... FIRST 10sec F6 in SA ( sold )
    DYNO DYNAMICS 1200hp ...... Tuning weapon..... ( sold )
    OFFICIAL JONNY TIG INDUSTRIES SUPPLIER ..... Biggest and lightest intercoolers for B and F falcons
    SUBARU BRZ ......AVO TURBO KIT coming......soon
    VF R8 CLUBSPORT SV...... 340FWKW.....ASE BIG SINGLE KIT .....one day

Tuner in Training
    Exactly my point, i would never use injectors this big on a mild tune, its out of injector already while tuning, but the owner has supplied the 1000cc injectors himself , i was just wanting to know if it can be done while still retaining a reasonable idle quality rather than mess around for hours and then end up just putting 600s in like we normally would.
    If you have done it many times and results are ok i will fit them and get tuning when the other two adaptors to make the injectors fit turn up (i love ebay and forums and owners that partake in both)that is
    I was going to use ID 1000s as a base any other scalers feel free to throw them this way.
    here come the great fuel trim logs .......
    cheers

I've used id,kpm and raw bosch parts ( everyone knows both the id and kpm start off as raw bosch items anyway ) with success so it's completely "do able" and rate new model 1k injector characteristics better than 60's as the bosch items work very well at low fuel supply

I wouldn't knock the customer back but i never work with part people supply unless its what i would use anyway and has to be brand new in packets

Start withid scales and it's enough to start with
    FG F6 400+RWKW .....10.9 @ 132mph.... FIRST 10sec F6 in SA ( sold )
    DYNO DYNAMICS 1200hp ...... Tuning weapon..... ( sold )
    OFFICIAL JONNY TIG INDUSTRIES SUPPLIER ..... Biggest and lightest intercoolers for B and F falcons
    SUBARU BRZ ......AVO TURBO KIT coming......soon
    VF R8 CLUBSPORT SV...... 340FWKW.....ASE BIG SINGLE KIT .....one day

Advanced Tuner
    The bigger the injector the more important the 'matching' process is. I used to have some really good Siemens Deka 60's and then some very average 'matched' sets. Injector Dynamics have always been really consistent and I wouldn't hesitate using them on a stock car even though they idle with a IDC of ~1.2%. In short of they are matched with a tight tolerance...there won't be a problem at all.

I've used the twin spray 52lb EV-14's 'unmatched' in the Barra's and I still prefer the ID1000's....even though they're a single tight cone pattern.
    Last edited by IH8TOADS; 05-27-2015 at 05:18 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by ALPINEPERFORMANCE View Post
    Exactly my point, i would never use injectors this big on a mild tune, its out of injector already while tuning, but the owner has supplied the 1000cc injectors himself , i was just wanting to know if it can be done while still retaining a reasonable idle quality rather than mess around for hours and then end up just putting 600s in like we normally would.
    If you have done it many times and results are ok i will fit them and get tuning when the other two adaptors to make the injectors fit turn up (i love ebay and forums and owners that partake in both)that is
    I was going to use ID 1000s as a base any other scalers feel free to throw them this way.
    here come the great fuel trim logs .......
    cheers
    Don't be put off with those injectors. See:

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...ectors-and-E85

Took me 10 minutes over the phone to get them real close. Yes use the ID Offset, Breakpoint and minpw values. I scaled them off the ANSU site as the numbers came out close to the ID 1000s. Prior to this my mate used ID 1000 data and the car started and idled perfectly. It idled and ran a little lean. I seem to remember the scaling ended up at about High of 107 and Low 115.

These are very good injectors and you can get them at very reasonable prices. They do not flow the same as ID 1000s as I think ID flow 1050CC and these are 980CC at the same pressure! BIG HINT here

Tuner in Training
    Thanks for the input guys, all tuned up and finished, they actually tuned up pretty quickly, used the id 1000 numbers for a base , had to mess with the low flow most ,got trims down to 1% pretty quickly . Idles great , just a cold start do log in the morning then on to the next project , a vortech blown BA ( woohoo ...not)

Tuner in Training
    Hi AIpine, good to see tune is almost completed apart from cold star settings. DarrylC is very helpful gentleman and very knowledgeable Hp-tuner.

What Kw's@RPM did you end up with on the FG G6e at what boost ? Do you have a dyno graph to share wif the group?

Is the BA V8 or I6 engine , "on to the next project , a vortech blown BA " ?

I'm in the process of mocking up a BF I6 Auto with a Eaton M122 supercharger , heaps of modifying and fabricating to make this sucker fit.

I'm also chasing, if anyone is wrecking a BF complete/partial wiring harness for my engine dyno room for tuning purposes PM me what ever any has?

cheers