Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Help me run a flex fuel setup on a C5Z06 n/a 427

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by hodge9386 View Post
    I moved the alternator field wire from red 52 to red 75 and i do longer have the charging fault. Only fault i have left is the map fault. everything seems to be working fine, both fans work, throttle seems to be fine, o2s are switching fine, fuel trims are working, maf and map are all working fine. My flex fuel sensor will be here in a couple days so i guess we will see if the flex fuel part will work or not.
    Have you drove the car? Experienced anything shor was talking about? My car is in storage here in MN so i cant test anything besides idle.

I havnt. I went to the complete 04zo6 os. My car is on jackstands getting a bunch of upgrades including a new motor so it will be a couple of months before it gets driven. Honestly even if the flex fuel dont work it was worth upgrading to the p59 because the car idles much smoother. I guess the p59 can handle a big cam better because it is faster.
    1999 corvette FRC - LS2, Tick tq max stage 3 cam, AI 232cc 243's, FAST 102 intake, NW 102 TB, 1 7/8 headers, X pipe, Borla ATAK, McLeod Rxt, MGW shifter, Halltech Killer Bee intake, 4.10s

Quote Originally Posted by podium View Post
    Even though it say it has flex fuel it doesn't. There is a ton of hidden parameters we cant see with hp tuners. The c5 os doesnt have the hidden flex fuel stuff. I thought the same thing with my 05 truck. Just wire in a sensor, turn it on and go. Doesn't work like that though and that's why I had to run a avalanche OS.
    Quote Originally Posted by hodge9386 View Post
    his screenshot above shows it working
    He is deep into the programming of the program. He didnt do a simple segment swap.
    This is correct. No segment swaps at all. I mapped out the "hidden" parameters in binary to edit the parameters that we do not have access to.

https://www.facebook.com/ShorTuning/...33255476687762
    James Short - [email protected]
    Located in Central Kentucky
    ShorTuning
    2020 Camaro 2SS | BTR 230 | GPI CNC Heads | MSD Intake | Rotofab | 2" LT's | Flex Fuel | 638rwhp / 540rwtq
    2002 Camaro | LSX 427 | CID LS7's | Twin GT5088's | Haltech Nexus R5 | RPM TH400

Well that sucks. Thanks for being honest about why it won't work.

Will you ever offer the flex fuel for customers that are not local?
    We currently offer remote tuning for this option. The tune file won't be editable however. So it's a remote tuning solution that we tune and provide. All logging functions still work.
    ShorTuning
    2020 Camaro 2SS | BTR 230 | GPI CNC Heads | MSD Intake | Rotofab | 2" LT's | Flex Fuel | 638rwhp / 540rwtq
    2002 Camaro | LSX 427 | CID LS7's | Twin GT5088's | Haltech Nexus R5 | RPM TH400

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by LSxpwrdZ View Post
    We currently offer remote tuning for this option. The tune file won't be editable however. So it's a remote tuning solution that we tune and provide. All logging functions still work.
    Makes sense to lock it after all that work.

So im assuming this has been done using the user defined parameters hp tuners has but I have no idea how to do that stuff and i can not find a good write up on how its used yet. I will figure this out lol. Im not trying to make any money off this but I can completely understand why a tuning shop would not want to give this info out. I just want a flex fuel C5 lol.
    Last edited by hodge9386; 02-11-2018 at 08:25 PM.
    1999 corvette FRC - LS2, Tick tq max stage 3 cam, AI 232cc 243's, FAST 102 intake, NW 102 TB, 1 7/8 headers, X pipe, Borla ATAK, McLeod Rxt, MGW shifter, Halltech Killer Bee intake, 4.10s

Yes user defined parameters.

You'd be surprised how many parameters, switches and tables we do not have access to still. I've spent the last few years populating tables myself as I ran across a scenario I needed to edit those things.

With that said we have opened this up to purchase a Flex enabled tune file for any of the Gen3 applications that aren't easy to simply segment swap. This being any of the C5's and 04-05 CTS-V's or even 2004 GTO's.

Flex OS Enabled.png
    ShorTuning

Advanced Tuner
    With that said we have opened this up to purchase a Flex enabled tune file for any of the Gen3 applications that aren't easy to simply segment swap. This being any of the C5's and 04-05 CTS-V's or even 2004 GTO's.
    What is the order process for this? Is it best to send my original, unmodified tune to you? And afterwards can I then apply things like 2 or 3 bar COS if I have to?

Quote Originally Posted by Pekka_Perkeles View Post
    What is the order process for this? Is it best to send my original, unmodified tune to you? And afterwards can I then apply things like 2 or 3 bar COS if I have to?
    Shoot me an email!

[email protected]
    ShorTuning

Wow, I've been trying to run this down and the information around this is so confusing and noisy.

I've got a 2004 C5 Corvette with the P59 PCM. Soooo looking to do flex fuel. So you can do a flex fuel tune on this via a mail order tune? I'm assuming this works similar to how tuners do remote tuning using the EFLive AutoCal. Although I currently have the latest Pro version of HPT.
    @LSxpwrdZ
    2004 Black Corvette (A4)

Quote Originally Posted by big_sapper View Post
    Wow, I've been trying to run this down and the information around this is so confusing and noisy.

I've got a 2004 C5 Corvette with the P59 PCM. Soooo looking to do flex fuel. So you can do a flex fuel tune on this via a mail order tune? I'm assuming this works similar to how tuners do remote tuning using the EFLive AutoCal. Although I currently have the latest Pro version of HPT.
    @LSxpwrdZ
    I have a few options. Most guy's want to tune themselves so I just simply enable the tune file for it to be tuned with Flex actually operational. I can also do remote tuning but requires specific wideband options.
    ShorTuning

Advanced Tuner
    I have a few options. Most guy's want to tune themselves so I just simply enable the tune file for it to be tuned with Flex actually operational.
    Very nice!

I have a few options. Most guy's want to tune themselves so I just simply enable the tune file for it to be tuned with Flex actually operational. I can also do remote tuning but requires specific wideband options.
    Thanks! I'm using the AEM Wideband 30-0310X. I'll get in touch later this summer, when I'm ready to do this.
    2004 Black Corvette (A4)

A friend of mine brought a 2002 Corvette by the other day and wanted flex fuel. Having done C6s and 411s in the past, I was very surprised to find that simply enabling the feature didn't work.
    I was able to get this running, but those options were not available in HPT. I see this is a big secret as it turns out, but in all honestly. It was just several tables that had to be turned on. Like sensor slope, spark blend factor and a few other "delay" related constants. Using a P59 and 2004 C5 file of course, and had to swap alternator terminal F pin. Since the car is speed density, I just moved the MAF wire over to pin 56, reusing existing MAF harness for the flex sensor.
    Last edited by mourat; 03-19-2019 at 02:32 PM.

Added custom tables in HPT to make the c5 file work -
    Attached Images Attached Images

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by mourat View Post
    Added custom tables in HPT to make the c5 file work -
    Is anyone else unable to see the thumbnails?

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    try turning add blocker off for this website if you have issues seeing them. you can test it by allowing a temporary pause on the page and refreshing it.
    i can see them.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by cobaltssoverbooster View Post
    try turning add blocker off for this website if you have issues seeing them. you can test it by allowing a temporary pause on the page and refreshing it.
    i can see them.
    For some reason I wasn't looking at the "full site". I changed that and turned off ad block and it worked. Thanks bud.
    04 C5 Z06 - Supercharged