Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Help me run a flex fuel setup on a C5Z06 n/a 427

Do a few segment swaps with a known functional flex fuel OS from a suv since the 04 has the 603 OS. for 01-02 vettes with 12593358 it is a bit trickier but is do able and have had success getting it work on the p01 c5z06 pcm also.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaganader View Post
    Do a few segment swaps with a known functional flex fuel OS from a suv since the 04 has the 603 OS. for 01-02 vettes with 12593358 it is a bit trickier but is do able and have had success getting it work on the p01 c5z06 pcm also.
    I have an 01 z. Please tell lol.

Quote Originally Posted by podium View Post
    I have an 01 z. Please tell lol.
    Ill be nice, this is one of the OS I have used on a 02 z. flex working and all. oil pressure output to tach and 2nd fan would need to be rewired and pinned to have them working, other then that everything else functions properly. this is from a boosted 02 z.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Well i did the 04 z06 segment swap for everything except the fuel segment and copied all the things i needed from my original c5 tune over. I have to push the throttle all the way to the floor and hold it but it will start and idle. No throttle control though. I dont have my maf plugged in so thats why those faults are there and ther generator terminal fault is because i think i need to swap a wire around, not sure why i have a map code either. The throttle seems to be the stepping stone here though. Any idea on how to deal with that? i attached my tune in case i missed something.
    p59 first start.jpgHCI P59 try 2.hpt
    1999 corvette FRC - LS2, Tick tq max stage 3 cam, AI 232cc 243's, FAST 102 intake, NW 102 TB, 1 7/8 headers, X pipe, Borla ATAK, McLeod Rxt, MGW shifter, Halltech Killer Bee intake, 4.10s

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaganader View Post
    Ill be nice, this is one of the OS I have used on a 02 z. flex working and all. oil pressure output to tach and 2nd fan would need to be rewired and pinned to have them working, other then that everything else functions properly. this is from a boosted 02 z.

I cannot open the file.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by hodge9386 View Post
    Well i did the 04 z06 segment swap for everything except the fuel segment and copied all the things i needed from my original c5 tune over. I have to push the throttle all the way to the floor and hold it but it will start and idle. No throttle control though. I dont have my maf plugged in so thats why those faults are there and ther generator terminal fault is because i think i need to swap a wire around, not sure why i have a map code either. The throttle seems to be the stepping stone here though. Any idea on how to deal with that? i attached my tune in case i missed something.
    p59 first start.jpgHCI P59 try 2.hpt

Have you resynced the pcm?

Advanced Tuner
    Try this:

BCM/PCM RELEARN PROCEDURE

You will need to conduct the PCM/BCM relearn process. This matches their handshake ID's and allows them to talk to each other.

Do this before you worry about VATS issues:

1. Turn on the key for 11 minutes.
    2 Turn off the key for 30 seconds.
    3. Repeat 1&2 two more times.
    4. Turn on the key for 30 seconds.

The car should start and run with the new BCM. Good luck and report back on your progress.
    Shirl
    SD Racing Enterprises
    Aguila, AZ
    Coutersy of MrEracer

This will sync the PCM to the New BCM but all of your RPO options will not be retained. You will need a TECH II to program them into the new BCM.

Bill Curlee

i havnt synced the pcm and bcm yet. I do have VATS turned off. I basically did a copy all of my old tune to the p59 earlier and loaded it to the car which is why the throttle wouldnt work. I looked through a 04 z06 tune and compared it to my tune and some key parameters were not filled out. I copied them over and loaded it to the car and the car will now start normally and i have throttle control but after idling for about 30 sec the car will die and it will go into reduced engine power mode. I can clear the codes and it will start again for about 30 sec then die again. Im getting a P0068 MAF / MAP Throttle position correlation code. Im not sure if that is to do with the maf being plugged in but not attached to the tb even though the maf Hz is zero'd in the tune or a problem between the ls2 tb and the pcm like the trucks have.

p59 start 2.jpg

HCI P59 try 3.hpt
    1999 corvette FRC - LS2, Tick tq max stage 3 cam, AI 232cc 243's, FAST 102 intake, NW 102 TB, 1 7/8 headers, X pipe, Borla ATAK, McLeod Rxt, MGW shifter, Halltech Killer Bee intake, 4.10s

kaganader that file will not open. It says unsupported.

Advanced Tuner
    I turned vats off on my z06 and it did the same thing. Turn it back on and it ran.

ok ill turn it back on and sync the pcm / bcm and attach the maf to the tb with a coupler tomorrow. Its cold as crap and i dont have a garage heater right now.

Well progress has been made. i turned VATS back on, attached the maf with a coupler and relinked the pcm/bcm and the car started and ran for about 7 min before i turned it off because the garage was filling up with exhaust (yes the garage door was open but it still smells pretty bad). Im still getting a P0106 MAP/BARO range/performance but the map seems to be working fine so im not sure whats up with that. I need to turn off the 02 heater circuit codes i think, i dont think the factory c5 o2s have the same heaters but they seem to be working fine as well. I need to repin the wire for the alternator but other than that it seems to be working well. ill post my log so you can see if everything looks ok to you.

p59 start 3.jpg18-01-03 11-20-24.hpl

Advanced Tuner
    I think the 02s and alt wire are the only thing to rewire in going to a p59 but i could be wrong.

Advanced Tuner
    The 02s are ground on the back of the heads on the 01 and 02 c5 where the 02s are ground to the pcm on the 03 and 04 c5s.

I think the later models are grounded back to the pcm because the pcm modulates the heat in them where the older ones do not. Im not changing to the newer style o2 so i dont think i need to change that. do yo happen to know where i need to move the alt wire from and to? i lost my diagrams i printed out somewhere.

Advanced Tuner
    I think the later models are grounded back to the pcm because the pcm modulates the heat in them where the older ones do not. Im not changing to the newer style o2 so i dont think i need to change that. do yo happen to know where i need to move the alt wire from and to? i lost my diagrams i printed out somewhere.
    How are you going to use the older style 02s with the p59 with out putting the ground wire into the pcm?

I don't have a pinout with me

Advanced Tuner
    Green 15 is for the alt

they seem to be working just fine the way they are

Advanced Tuner
    they seem to be working just fine the way they are
    I didn't realize the 02 sensors were different in 04.

You're using the Tahoe OS correct? You're only changing the alt wire and adding the flex sensor as far as wiring goes?