Thread: 3800 10:1 Gen V SC compression full stack intercooler XPZ Cam 80 mm throttle body

Potential Tuner

3800 10:1 Gen V SC compression full stack intercooler XPZ Cam 80 mm throttle body

Trying to tune VE and am having extereme difficulties Any 3800 pros that can help me. 3800 10:1 compression Gen V SC full stack intercooler XPZ Cam 80 mm throttle body, zzp stage 3 heads. PCM is 99 gtp
    Attached Files Attached Files

I was never that modded but I still never tuned the VE because in my eyes it's pointless.

The VE table stops at 140 kpa, you are going to make far more boost than that.

The 3800 PCM is literally 95% MAF based, it thinks and does everything with the MAF data.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    Ive noticed that the 2 bar map is at mid 190's and 50% throttle lol. Ive always been told to tune your car in VE and then turn the maf back on and the car could run perfectly. Even if the maf goes bad at some point the car will go straight to the VE table. Im new to tuning and just want my car to run right and beat up on some V8 guys lol

My GTP has been in the garage for years. I've been meanting to transfer the Wideband from the Caddy into it to verify PE AFR but have yet to do so.

I was over-flowing my MAF and ended up putting in an LS MAF that reported lower Hz for larger airflow to keep the Hz within range. (re-calibrated table to reflect)

While the VE tables do simply peg out, I still think it's somewhat important that you tune the table for driveability reasons. If the VE is off too far, you will get surging and odd IAC behavior.

Also; the LT/ST FT's will slide either positive or negative, and that will affect your PE fueling if the trims creep far enough up the table (somewehat unlikley) (at least that is what I remember happening, but it's been years since I've driven it.)

(L67 / Gen V blower / 2.25" IC / Ported heads / huge cam / TB / etc, etc, etc.)

Dialing in the table may result in you chasing your tail with all the aftermarket parts (injector flow / voltage offsets, etc, v.s. temp v.s. ECT v.s. MAP v.s. MAP) - You almost need to tune each component in a known environment. It's a lot of work to do it right.

Quote Originally Posted by libtechsnow78 View Post
    Trying to tune VE and am having extereme difficulties Any 3800 pros that can help me. 3800 10:1 compression Gen V SC full stack intercooler XPZ Cam 80 mm throttle body, zzp stage 3 heads. PCM is 99 gtp
    I'm sure I have a file that would get you pretty close, but it isn't an HPT file, and VE isn't tuned. It was a race only file for C16 and 15+ psi boost
    Ran 11.40 with about that combo in the GP

-Greg
    2009 Maverick Silver G8 GXP M6 - 586hp
    Engine Mods: TVS 2300 Magnacharger ARH 1 7/8" long tubes with catted x-pipe
    Drivetrain Mods: Ram Dual Disc Clutch
    Suspension Mods: Pedders/Wretched basic drag pack - BMR trailing arms
    Misc Mods: Jamesbiz Catch can - GRRRR8 Heater hose relo kit

Nice setup! I was gonna do a 3800 Fiero, I boosted my Mustang and my buddy did the swap on his 87 GT.
    Clean Feet Pet Clean Up
    Pet Waste Removal Omaha
    We offer dog waste removal and cat waste removal services.
    If you need our services feel free to call (402) 320-3824, We service the Omaha, Ne. metropolitan area.