Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Torque reduction on stalled up launch

Advanced Tuner
    Trana, the torque table you see in your FG tune is not the correct Torque Table. The correct one would have been changed in that original strategy.

Advanced Tuner
    So are you saying that there is a torque table we cant see in HP Tuners that is in SCT?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by DarrylC View Post
    Are you doing the other settings I posted here?

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...-in-AUS/page39

I seem to remember that "Trans Trunc" RPM was key but I know sasha got it working by using the settings put of the tune I posted.

Thanks for that Darryl,

I've tried everything I can think of so far. In addition to everything that has been suggested to me by a few people trying to help. As yet still no luck. The car struggles to make positive manifold pressure at 2200-2500rpm. Going through mechanical system at the moment to see if there is anything a miss. On road tests, the car behaves fine accept for what seems to be some occasional torque reduction via etc on 3rd and 4th gear pulls
    Ford BF Turbo Ute,Stock head/cams, In house built bottom end,Atomic Springs, Forged Rods,Cosworth Pistons,Atomic Billet oil pump gears,ARP Head/mainstuds,Process West Stage 3 Cooler Kit- Plazmaman plenum,Precision Int.Gate 6466,Manta twin 3" exhaust,ID1000s Plazmaman surge with Holley 12-1800 pump, Home Built ZF6H26, On United Pump E85 499rwkw 10.5@135mph https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgZupPhrMss
    Latest mods, FG intake manifold conversion and ID1300s-500rwkw, Yet to see the 1/4Mile

Advanced Tuner
    Unless it's been rectified lately. Are the values across the table < 100? The FG Turbo's had the problem in HPT. BA/BF and FG S/C were all fine.

Advanced Tuner
    TorqueTable.png

Toads, is this the table you are referring to. They are both the same in the Tuners Tune and the current tune I am using.

Advanced Tuner
    That is the Torque Friction Table. It's one of two torque tables that should be visible, but not the main one. It's fairly well established what the main Indicated Engine Torque Table does and with HPT it has not been able to be edited with the turbo FG's to date.

Advanced Tuner
    is there a thread somewhere that details torque management and the requesters in detail?
    ie. how the settings effect the car and what actually triggers which requester.
    i thought i had read something on it in the past but can't remember where.

Advanced Tuner
    What are the reasons some work shops disable the torque module?

What does disabling it achieve?

Because they are used to tuning GM based vehicles
    FG F6 400+RWKW .....10.9 @ 132mph.... FIRST 10sec F6 in SA ( sold )
    DYNO DYNAMICS 1200hp ...... Tuning weapon..... ( sold )
    OFFICIAL JONNY TIG INDUSTRIES SUPPLIER ..... Biggest and lightest intercoolers for B and F falcons
    SUBARU BRZ ......AVO TURBO KIT coming......soon
    VF R8 CLUBSPORT SV...... 340FWKW.....ASE BIG SINGLE KIT .....one day

Advanced Tuner
    We were trained to turn it off in the CAPA days. Turning it off can turn multiple things off at once.