Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Torque reduction on stalled up launch

Advanced Tuner
    Tony, sent you an email with my settings. Car shifts real smooth and changes gear quickly under full power.

Advanced Tuner
    Thanks for those settings Darryl. I dumped in 8L of Toluene with a full tank of BP98. Been datalogging and getting full commanded timing (just using stock timing maps so pretty decent timing for the higher boost, no knock retard).
    So I then copy the Torque Management settings from a workshop tune here in Perth. Basically all the changes under General and ETC Torque Management. Do a datalog and timing not what I expected (taking timing out). Put all the settings back to stock and they are where I would expect.

The point being made got to try to keep the changes to a minimum so dont upset the tune. Workshop tunes just make me scratch my head. I will suss out what you have done Darryl in the coming days.
    Last edited by turbotrana; 06-12-2015 at 01:33 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by hiddeous View Post
    Effects are just as bad in a BA. Considering the out of engine calcs based around torque it's madness to shut it off. My old ba would do some very odd things timing wise/fuel with the Trq Md shut off. Timing would drop coming onto boost and fuel would go lean on part throttle over run.
    Went back and checked what was happening. Just as you say, mine looses timing if I disable the Torque Module Switch and the car changes gears harsh and drives terrible. Wife not happy!

Quote Originally Posted by turbotrana View Post
    So I then copy the Torque Management settings from a workshop tune here in Perth. Basically all the changes under General and ETC Torque Management. Do a datalog and timing not what I expected (taking timing out). Put all the settings back to stock and they are where I would expect.
    Is this one of the settings being copied over? Very interested in your outcomes Tony.

Go tolly !
    FG F6 400+RWKW .....10.9 @ 132mph.... FIRST 10sec F6 in SA ( sold )
    DYNO DYNAMICS 1200hp ...... Tuning weapon..... ( sold )
    OFFICIAL JONNY TIG INDUSTRIES SUPPLIER ..... Biggest and lightest intercoolers for B and F falcons
    SUBARU BRZ ......AVO TURBO KIT coming......soon
    VF R8 CLUBSPORT SV...... 340FWKW.....ASE BIG SINGLE KIT .....one day

Advanced Tuner
    torquesettings.png

These are the settings I copied from a workshop tune. Instead I left the Torque module shift on whilst this tuner switched it off.

I just found that with these settings the timing did not behave in the datalog. Something funny going on. This workshop tune did not touch the Engine Torque table as you have Daryl.

I had about half a 200L drum of Toluene sitting in the garage for over 10 years and used to use the stuff in other turbo cars. The stock timing tables were knock retarding to 2 to 4 degrees under full load with just BP98. I think at times spiking over 15psi with stock boost settings also. Nevertheless now with the tolunene I am getting the full timing on the last line of the borderline knock table in the datalogs.

Goes hard with full timing but at times some torque retard from the throttle body hence want to narrow down the minimal settings to stop throttle body torque reduction.
    Last edited by turbotrana; 06-12-2015 at 07:52 AM.

Tuner in Training
    IMG_2333.JPG Took your advice on the anti surge compressor Jet Sounds like a jet spooling up and loves 18 pound all day errrrrrryyyday! The lag was minimal really. It's a shame my transmissions stuck in 3rd gear everywhere I will have a new ZF to go in tomorrow.

Tuner in Training
    Any luck on the shifts yet turbotrana? Sort that reduction in timing out? I'm thinking that zeroing out or 1.0 depending, some items in the torque tables, works quite well as long as the torque module switch is still enabled. Perhaps the only thing that shouldnt be turned off are the transmission truncations and the transmission shift. All the rest can either be 1.0 or 0.0 from what I have seen and the only module to display its unhappiness is the TCM if it can't see a value. Boost and timing both rock solid

Advanced Tuner
    Gonna leave it till got some fresh tyres. 15 degrees advance at 15lb boost with Toluene makes working these things out a bit hard.

Advanced Tuner
    How many KM did those tyres do in the end Tony?
    04 Velocity MKII M6 & 06 BF F6 555 ZF6

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by turbotrana View Post
    Gonna leave it till got some fresh tyres. 15 degrees advance at 15lb boost with Toluene makes working these things out a bit hard.
    Yeah I know what you mean. I had 14 degrees at 18 psi on 20% Tolly/98 mix. Pulled smooth all the way through but made less power on the dyno. Go figure?

Quote Originally Posted by Sasha View Post
    IMG_2333.JPG Took your advice on the anti surge compressor Jet Sounds like a jet spooling up and loves 18 pound all day errrrrrryyyday! The lag was minimal really. It's a shame my transmissions stuck in 3rd gear everywhere I will have a new ZF to go in tomorrow.

Well done mate, glad you're happy
    OFFICIAL JONNY TIG INDUSTRIES SUPPLIER ..... Biggest and lightest intercoolers for B and F falcons

Advanced Tuner
    Yeah I know what you mean. I had 14 degrees at 18 psi on 20% Tolly/98 mix. Pulled smooth all the way through but made less power on the dyno. Go figure?
    Have seen this on my car running 98. Although not measured on a dyno just by speed between two points, I found more timing means less power, spark hook curve?

Tuner in Training
    Is 2.25.1202 the latest beta? I'm having the "This file was created with a newer version" box appear when trying to open a file.

Quote Originally Posted by DarrylC View Post
    Have seen this on my car running 98. Although not measured on a dyno just by speed between two points, I found more timing means less power, spark hook curve?
    This is where a dyno pays dividends big time, you can see a power/torque curve dip before the timing is sometimes exhausted.... Especially on race grade fuels

Many times ull hear of workshops taking in other performance workshops cars and remove a bunch of timing but pick up a stack of power

Advanced Tuner
    Is 2.25.1202 the latest beta? I'm having the "This file was created with a newer version" box appear when trying to open a file.
    No I don't know exactly what version there up to now, but pretty sure it's around 2.25.22xx

Advanced Tuner
    Luke. The Pirelli P Zero Corsas were put on 91700km and taken off 110366km. That was 18600km and gone past the treadwear indicator. It was around 14000km up to the treadwear indicator from memory. So what was the bet. I think you owe me something!!!!!!

Certainly the grip reduced over time but you will find that with most tyres I think.

Nevertheless I think I am getting another set but got to sort out other stuff first. I am still open to options in the 285/35/19 size as they are pricy at around $800 each.
    Last edited by turbotrana; 06-16-2015 at 02:02 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    Well there you go. If they lasted that long you need more HP

I've just fitted a set of bridgestone Potenza RE003's. Very impressed so far.
    04 Velocity MKII M6 & 06 BF F6 555 ZF6

Advanced Tuner
    Clip Torque.png

Jet it appears I have the same issue still, like Sasha found, the time at stall isn't having an effect.
    I've taken a few datalogs, definitely closing the throttle. Can you explain how those work better for me please?
    Ford BF Turbo Ute,Stock head/cams, In house built bottom end,Atomic Springs, Forged Rods,Cosworth Pistons,Atomic Billet oil pump gears,ARP Head/mainstuds,Process West Stage 3 Cooler Kit- Plazmaman plenum,Precision Int.Gate 6466,Manta twin 3" exhaust,ID1000s Plazmaman surge with Holley 12-1800 pump, Home Built ZF6H26, On United Pump E85 499rwkw 10.5@135mph https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgZupPhrMss
    Latest mods, FG intake manifold conversion and ID1300s-500rwkw, Yet to see the 1/4Mile

Advanced Tuner
    Ford BF Turbo Ute,Stock head/cams, In house built bottom end,Atomic Springs, Forged Rods,Cosworth Pistons,Atomic Billet oil pump gears,ARP Head/mainstuds,Process West Stage 3 Cooler Kit- Plazmaman plenum,Precision Int.Gate 6466,Manta twin 3" exhaust,ID1000s Plazmaman surge with Holley 12-1800 pump, Home Built ZF6H26, On United Pump E85 499rwkw 10.5@135mph https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgZupPhrMss
    Latest mods, FG intake manifold conversion and ID1300s-500rwkw, Yet to see the 1/4Mile

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 45T-XR View Post
    Clip Torque.png

Jet it appears I have the same issue still, like Sasha found, the time at stall isn't having an effect.
    I've taken a few datalogs, definitely closing the throttle. Can you explain how those work better for me please?
    Are you doing the other settings I posted here?

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...-in-AUS/page39

I seem to remember that "Trans Trunc" RPM was key but I know sasha got it working by using the settings put of the tune I posted.