Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LML Tuning

LML Tuning

Ok, so I started to work on tuning my 2013 silverado duramax today. I know there is no documentation related directly to the LML, so I was using this post as a reference http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...d-related-info
    It does seem that lots of the information is still relevant. But most of the tables are not the same name, or the value limits are slightly different.

I was able to increase the desired boost tables by 10% no problem at all.
    I was able to increase the injector PW table by 20% no problem also.

But I start to look into adjusting the injection timing that is where the tables are much different. I still tried to use the excel template to figure out what I should adjust injection timing tables. But it seems there are many more tables and I do not see a main table to go off of. I used the transient pilot 1 and 2 table and pasted that into the excel template and then took the output of that template and pasted special by % for all of the 46 injector timing tables.

I tested the tune and it seems to be running good getting boost up to 30psi and holding mostly at 27psi. I need to setup a full lml config file to later do a maf configuration for my intake.

It seems that im the first one on here to post anything about tuning the LML so let me know if you think im doing anything wrong or have any suggestions.
    Here is both my stock file and my tuned file. Anyone who has the beta version please feel free to take a look and comment.
    stockLML.hpt Stock File
    Custom LML tune1.hpt Tuned file

Tuner in Training
    Hi,

When you read the stock file how long did it take? do you know if a full write is available? I'm looking to keep my off road tune and just tweak it,

im suprised the other software says its impossible to read without opening the ECM

It was very quick to read the stock file. I just did a write config. So im not sure if full write works.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 03sierraduramax View Post
    Hi,

When you read the stock file how long did it take? do you know if a full write is available? I'm looking to keep my off road tune and just tweak it,

im suprised the other software says its impossible to read without opening the ECM
    I wouldn't suggest flashing over your offroad tune. E86 ecms cannot be read through the obd2 port. When you read the ecm you will be provided with a stock tune. Once you flash over it the previous tune is gone.

So just tune the offroad tune back to stock first. I had a edge programmer and I tuned mine back to stock before tuning. I was told you always want to do that otherwise the programmer is useless anyways.

Ok, I tried to edit the excel timing calculator used on previous engines. But even in our LML tables the load numbers do not exactly match up so im kinda stumped how to make it work, I guess it can interpolate between the missing areas or something, but I really don't like that idea. I have also done some research and found that the only injection timing table that matters is the 0 table for each group. All other tables are only used during regen cycle according to some tuners on other turning forums. So I changed all other tables back to stock and edited only table 0 for each.

Tuner in Training
    Modify it and monitor data in the scanner to verify your theory.

The problem nothing useful is currently supported in the beta scanner.

But I have been using my edge programmer to monitor a few sensors at a time and it seems to be working.

Quote Originally Posted by brycerice View Post
    The problem nothing useful is currently supported in the beta scanner.
    LML scanning is being developed right now. It should be available in within a week probably.

Sounds good.

Quote Originally Posted by brycerice View Post
    Sounds good.
    Please download latest 2.25 from your user panel and give the scanner a try then give us some feedback.

I added a bunch of channels as they are called now. Then I went to edit the chart, and I added Exhaust gas temp B1S1 I think. And it said the sensor is outside the normal range or something like that, then it asked me to send an error report and then it closed the scanner. I will test again later.

This new scanner is really not ready even for testing. Nothing works. I cannot save tables. I cannot create custom sensors. I cannot clear CEL. Its much harder to figure out then the old version. Just overall junk at the moment. Hope you guys can get this thing together and more user friendly.

Brycerice, I read that you guys are reading the ECM in the LML, please confirm as I understood they can not be read and you had to download the correct stock file from other source.

2006 Escalade LMM Duramax Tuned
    2000 S10 Twin Turbo 6.0L
    56 GMC 100 Status Unknown

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyrperformance View Post
    Brycerice, I read that you guys are reading the ECM in the LML, please confirm as I understood they can not be read and you had to download the correct stock file from other source.
    email support for beta access if you would like to tune LML applications.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

I have the Beta but was under the impression these could not be read out, and reading through this post it states "When you read the ecm you will be provided with a stock tune." Are the stock files being provided by HP our do we need to source the stock file?

2006 Escalade LMM Duramax Tuned
    2000 S10 Twin Turbo 6.0L
    56 GMC 100 Status Unknown

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    provided by us.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    Did my first lml yesterday with hptuners. Much easier than other programs I have used.

Potential Tuner
    How did you end up managing the injector timing?