Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LML Tuning

Tuner
    So can we read a "offroad" file and make adjustments to that file with out loosing the previous "offroad" adjustments when we reflalsh?
    15 C7Z M7

Quote Originally Posted by Tiffo60 View Post
    So can we read a "offroad" file and make adjustments to that file with out loosing the previous "offroad" adjustments when we reflalsh?
    No. You will be given a stock tune.

Quote Originally Posted by css View Post
    Did my first lml yesterday with hptuners. Much easier than other programs I have used.

Any update on what you did? I'm was playing with the tune for a little while a few months back but without a good working scanner its not easy. Also all the excel timing charts are not correct for the lml. Does anyone have an excel chart for the lml?
    Last edited by brycerice; 02-03-2016 at 03:49 PM. Reason: mispelling

Quote Originally Posted by brycerice View Post
    Any update on what you did? I'm was messing with the tune for a little while but without a good working scanner its not easy. Also all the excel timing charts are not correct for the lml. Does anyone have an excel chat for the lml?
    If you have issues with the scanner, please report them to support. We cannot fix what we do not know.

Quote Originally Posted by brycerice View Post
    Any update on what you did? I'm was playing with the tune for a little while a few months back but without a good working scanner its not easy. Also all the excel timing charts are not correct for the lml. Does anyone have an excel chart for the lml?
    You can use the LMM excel tab for LML timing just have to be a little creative. Works on all 54 timing tables and 21 fuel pressure tables.... The new scanner is way better than the old for diesel's.

Potential Tuner
    I am also trying to tune my 2015 Duramax LML. It is write only so you can't upload your file from the PCM. This is a drawback for owners that had installed a tune and then want to further modify it. They do provide a stock tune for you to modify. I found several custom tune for earlier Duramax like LMM. The earlier tunes have torque management and boost control that you can disable and increase or decrease. The LML tune does not show torque management enable/disable and does not have boost control. If these functions are available, I have not been able to find them. Earlier versions show 2wd and 4wd enable/disable on the torque management tab.

Does anyone know if these functions still exist and where to find them?

Stock tune file needed for 2016 LML Any body have one or download location ?

Quote Originally Posted by staytuned View Post
    Stock tune file needed for 2016 LML Any body have one or download location ?
    Read the truck hpt will give you a stock file when you do a read

Thanks got it read. On the scanner for data there doesn't seem to be very much information to data log. Is there more information with the MPVI pro data logging ? If so how do we obtain that ? Seems to be greyed out on mine. Bought the VCM suite and key is properly loaded. Do I need to link the ecu with credits ?

Quote Originally Posted by staytuned View Post
    Thanks got it read. On the scanner for data there doesn't seem to be very much information to data log. Is there more information with the MPVI pro data logging ? If so how do we obtain that ? Seems to be greyed out on mine. Bought the VCM suite and key is properly loaded. Do I need to link the ecu with credits ?
    I don't data log much with the scanner on lml. But my pro has very little support last time I did data log with it.

Potential Tuner
    Hey guys I'm new to hp tuners, what can and can't you do with the 2015 lml?

Potential Tuner
    I have a question on the 2012 lml what is the best way to help with the def tank and all i want to use the motor on a truck. Pulling truck for offroad use

Potential Tuner

About 2012 lml

Quote Originally Posted by Engineer@HPT View Post
    LML scanning is being developed right now. It should be available in within a week probably.
    Is the software available noe for the 2012 lml so you can tune them with hptuner

check my post from today I posted a stock 2016 lml file

Tuner in Training
    So just to make sure I understand it, when loading an LML tune you always have to start with a stock LML tune right?

Correct as the LML is write only, so you aren't reading what's in the ECU, you are getting its stock form based on the vin in the editor.
    2006 GTO 403ci lsa heads kooks long tubes corsa ss exhaust OTR intake HPTuned

2010 GMC Sierra LMM Duramax. Exhaust and tuned

Potential Tuner
    Is there anyway to put it back

Potential Tuner
    So a classmate of mine has a 2015 lml and wanted to tune it I said we should be able to do this purchased credits applied a tune and now he has check engine light for egr problems it says service emissions 65mph max and when you clear the code it comes right back what could this be we need help

Banned
    Is the truck deleted?

Was likely already tuned for the emissions it sounds like you are missing. So either put the emissions back on it to get it out of limp, or find someone that will tune it for you (hard to find as EPA has cracked down, so all major tuners will offer only emissions compliant tunes).
    2006 GTO 403ci lsa heads kooks long tubes corsa ss exhaust OTR intake HPTuned

2010 GMC Sierra LMM Duramax. Exhaust and tuned