Thread: Damn speedo update won't work

Damn speedo update won't work

Hi guys, I have a bug that sounds similar to another users bug.

When updating my speedo I set the VSS (I believe it's called?) to 4000. When saving the table, the software changes it to 8000. I can not get it to save anything less than 8000 in that field. Needless to say, my speedo is reading double. Something in the BIN is wacky. What are the fixes for this? It appears the last guy emailed his file to someone at HPTuners.

I'm using version 1.7.

It has something to do with FWD. It keeps switching the setting back to FWD, comes up with an error on computing my current gear, and then changes itself back to VSS 8000. Help!!

please send your file to support at hptuners.com.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Hi Keith, I just did.

Thanks,
    Terry

Terry,
    Don't forget to let us know what happens here...

EC
    Always Support Our Troops!

it was a bug, i had a typo in that definition for the minimum value that was 8000. You may have noticed in 2.0 and very later versions of 1.7 we actually removed the output PPM value from the editor as setting it to seemingly random numbers other than factory can permanently fry your PCM.

I blame GM of course because the calibration value is loaded directly to PCM hardware without any bounds checking and i guess there are some numbers it just doesn't like...
    I count sheep in hex...