Thread: Question about removing transmission control from NGC3X

Tuner in Training

Question about removing transmission control from NGC3X

I am in the process of installing a 5.7 into a jeep with a standard transmission. The controller (NGC3X) is from a 2005 Ram 5.7 with auto. Can the transmission control be removed from the controller? Will I receive codes or have issues if the transmission is not being controlled?

Tuner in Training
    Ok let me rephrase this. the ECM is a P56028958AF from an 05 Ram hemi with auto. I have found out that the transmission, ABS, EGR, and rear O2 can be tuned out with the "other" tuning software. I would like to know if it can be done with HP Tuners?

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by chasmosis1 View Post
    Ok let me rephrase this. the ECM is a P56028958AF from an 05 Ram hemi with auto. I have found out that the transmission, ABS, EGR, and rear O2 can be tuned out with the "other" tuning software. I would like to know if it can be done with HP Tuners?
    In theory yes, but I don't know if anyone has tried it yet and if they have, they aren't saying. If you find something is missing that you need to disable or change to make the swap happen, e-mail support and they will usually get it added for you.

I can say that HPT has much more DTC stuff available than others do and it seems that many of the "Master Switches" are present.
    Jaime

This is the same PCM which is in the 2006 SRT8s, correct? I'm very interested in a manual swap, and would love to hear if HPTuners can enable this.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    This is the same PCM which is in the 2006 SRT8s, correct? I'm very interested in a manual swap, and would love to hear if HPTuners can enable this.
    Same type of PCM, but the trucks have the TCM contained inside the ECU where the cars use a separate, off-board TCM that communicates to the ECU on the BUS.
    Jaime

Tuner in Training
    After playing around with 2.25, as well as the help of another member, I have found the answers to my questions. From what I can tell you do not completely remove anything, you just disable any DTC's associated with them.

With the SRT8s, its thought the PCM won't run the engine without an automatic transmission. Does anyone know if HPTuners can fix this issue?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    With the SRT8s, its thought the PCM won't run the engine without an automatic transmission. Does anyone know if HPTuners can fix this issue?
    I am still trying to find an answer to this too