Thread: Tuning 2015 GT Premium Questions

Tuner in Training

Tuning 2015 GT Premium Questions

I have a buddy that just bought a new 2015 GT premium M6 and looking to do a CAI, resonator delete, cat back to start off. How is the tuning with these cars is it pretty straight forward or a pain? I have been tuning my Turbo 03 Cobra with SCT pro racer and have tuned a couple GM'S using HP Tuners with great success. I like the HP software so much better because of how easy it is to use. I just want to get others opinion before I get started on this car. Any info that would make the learning curve a little easier for me would be greatly appreciated.

subd

Tuner
    Getting the basics done like tuning the MAF for the new intake and WOT fueling is fairly straight forward. On the other hand some of the stuff is pretty in depth, like VCT/ignition timing (due to the amount of tables and being as they are used on a weighted scale based off of VCT timing at that rpm/load. Biggest thing is just to start playing with the software and compare tunes posted in the forum/database and ask questions. The 15's have a lot of variables to deal with and takes a lot of time to figure them out, but basic bolt on drivability tuning is really easy.
    Current toy- 97 SCSB OBS chevy forged 6.0/4l80 combo with a bit of boost..currently back under the knife

To many previous vehicles to list

Just got my 15 tuned remotely with VCM lastnight...I watched him go through ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLL that for almost half an hour. and I don't think I want to ever mess with it lol. It looks VERY complex and I would be to worried of overlooking something and then having a major problem.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by RSKtakR View Post
    Just got my 15 tuned remotely with VCM lastnight...I watched him go through ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLL that for almost half an hour. and I don't think I want to ever mess with it lol. It looks VERY complex and I would be to worried of overlooking something and then having a major problem.
    it's hard, just takes time to get it figured out.
    The most hated, make the most power.
    93 Ranger. 5.3 D1X. 1069hp.